The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
This quote led me to believe a recommendation of sorts was implied. Now that I'm familiar with your style and intent (which I approve of) I'll be more circumspect in drawing the usual conclusions. :-)

All the best,
Nonoise
Nonoise (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Very Nicely put Nonoise
hi nonoise:

i do have a unique reviewing style. i pride my self in not revealing my preferences in a review.

i just reviewed another player which will be appearing on audiophilia.com, which i will probably buy. i will explain my reasons for doing so.
hi audiolabyrinth:

i did not say that i favored the marantz over the vincent.

the two brands have a differnt house sound.

the vincent has a tube circuit which is tube sensitive. i have tried many combinations of tubes. i have owned the cd-s6 for 6 years and reviewed the cd-s7 dac.

i also reviewed the marantz sa-14s1.

i know its sound. i will not say one is better than the other. it is like apples and oranges. it is a matter of taste.

when you are a reviewer, you become less judgmental about sound, and let others decide which is better.

you have strong opinions that i respect. please try not to misinterpret what i say in the future.

this message is for ghosthouse:

i finished the TEAC review. it should be on the web site shortly.
Audiolabyrinth, I know of that 2 dimensional soundstage you speak of and it went away when I got my Marantz SA-15S2b. My soundstage is now the same height from extreme left to right (higher, in fact), extends further into my listening room, and has much better layering as you go back. It's not 'Star Trek' holographic but conveys a really nice soundstage, depending on recording.

As for body, that was the first thing that hit me when I first played the Marantz. There was more weight, gravitas and strength in the music, allowing more headroom for that soft pp to loud ff. As it got stronger, realism increased dramatically as playing became more natural. I don't know how else to say it.

As for the resonance tuning, could it be that the Marantz has a more solid build quality that what would tame negative resonance problems? I just tried a quick study with some heavy books on my Marantz and couldn't detect anything amiss no matter where I placed them. Could it be the Vincent isn't as robustly built as the Marantz and therefore benefits from the additional dampening?

All the best,
Nonoise