The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
MrT, sorry for taking your findings out of context but this part:

"Its level of clarity and focus have been unsurpassed by any digital hardware that I have heard both from my own stereo system and at audio shows.

I cannot imagine any other CD player, or transport and DAC combination attaining any more music from a recording, without inducing imbalances in frequency response, especially excess treble energy. I think Marantz has pushed the envelope by creating a balance between high levels of resolution and a lack of audible coloration."

This quote led me to believe a recommendation of sorts was implied. Now that I'm familiar with your style and intent (which I approve of) I'll be more circumspect in drawing the usual conclusions. :-)

All the best,
Nonoise
This quote led me to believe a recommendation of sorts was implied. Now that I'm familiar with your style and intent (which I approve of) I'll be more circumspect in drawing the usual conclusions. :-)

All the best,
Nonoise
Nonoise (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Very Nicely put Nonoise
hi nonoise:

i do have a unique reviewing style. i pride my self in not revealing my preferences in a review.

i just reviewed another player which will be appearing on audiophilia.com, which i will probably buy. i will explain my reasons for doing so.
hi audiolabyrinth:

i did not say that i favored the marantz over the vincent.

the two brands have a differnt house sound.

the vincent has a tube circuit which is tube sensitive. i have tried many combinations of tubes. i have owned the cd-s6 for 6 years and reviewed the cd-s7 dac.

i also reviewed the marantz sa-14s1.

i know its sound. i will not say one is better than the other. it is like apples and oranges. it is a matter of taste.

when you are a reviewer, you become less judgmental about sound, and let others decide which is better.

you have strong opinions that i respect. please try not to misinterpret what i say in the future.

this message is for ghosthouse:

i finished the TEAC review. it should be on the web site shortly.