Can anyone explain in laymans terms why your gear sound better after warm up

I get burn in... should be called burn off just to get the manufacturing process off all the different manufacturers and parts to sweat off the packaging and sealants. But a light bulb is on or off. So SS gear in theory should sound the same. A light bulb does not get brighter after an hour. Is it your ears get programmed? Or is there and actual technical reason that it sounds better? Please pretend Im a four year old cause with Electronics I am.

-ALLGOOD
128x128haywood310
So sad to learn of your affliction, almarg. But you did ask:
Was there something that wasn't clear in my answer?

Which I presume is what passes for humor among engineers? Because here is your "answer" quoted directly from above:

For an example of how transistor behavior is a function of temperature see the paragraph entitled "Ebers-Moll model" in this Wikipedia writeup on bipolar transistors, and note the capital "T" (for temperature) in the various equations.

The OP specifically asks for "in layman's terms" but you being an engineer are so far removed from that you cannot answer at all without "behavior is a function of temperature see the paragraph entitled "Ebers-Moll model" in (Wiki link) yada yada.

In other words almarg your "answer" is so freaking UNCLEAR that instead of making it clear you muddy up the water until its so murky you give up and send the reader off to research links!

Okay. I get it. EE humor. Don't quit your day job!

And oh by the way, yes I actually do understand your answer. Which is how I know its wrong. Because if it was right all you would have to do is run a blow drier over the SS device, which would warm it up, and it would sound just dandy.

Which it don't. Because your EE answer, in addition to being clear as mud, is wrong.

@Millercarbon,
If you haven't anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself.

Bob
+1 gdnrbob

Thank you Al for mentioning that semiconductors are sensitive to temperature. We often forget it, concentrating on less important factors. Thank you also for providing Wikipedia link, for those who want to learn more, since semiconductor behavior with temperature is complex.  
Temperature is a parameter that is fundamental to the physics of transistors, analog and digital integrated circuits, and other semiconductor devices. Consequently their behavior varies significantly as a function of temperature, and a competent designer will design the product to perform at its best when it has warmed up to a stable internal temperature, while being used in a room that is at a normal room temperature.
That's about as layman an explanation one can give, and it was his first paragraph.

All the best,
Nonoise

I hate to judge before all the facts are in but tube electronics are also apparently subject to variation in temperature, at least in terms of warming up. That’s the way thing are.