Moving up from a Node 2i

I want to keep it between 1K and 1500.00, closer to a grand if at all possible. I don't care about onboard DACs, since I have a keen liking for mine. What is out there for a streamer, new or used, that will sound better than the Node when outputting to an external DAC? I like the functionality of the Node, don't want something with a sketchy user interface. But honestly, I think my old Allo Digione (Raspberry Pi) might have sounded a little more organic and fleshed out than the Node.

What say ye, Audiogon?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
Agree with the suggestion regarding the Lumin U1 Mini. I recently got a U1 Mini and converted it to use an SBooster. Sounds great and has got super DSD upsampling capability. It’s a Roon endpoint too. That is how I use it. I also have an Innuos Zenith Mk3 that serves as my Roon core and server. 
Innuous Zen mini or Zen MK 3. I’m a new owner of the latter could not be happier. Ripping CD’s is beyond simple. Love Innuous, And a great Roon end-point!
Thank you Dave from Audio Doctor great service and great price!
Look at a BelCanto.  Take a look at a better DAC.  It is all about the DAC.
I tested a Zen Mini but no MQA for Tidal and no Amazon interface meant no go for me. Went with the Vault 2i and will probably add a better DAC later.