Low Cost DACs

Currently I have my laptop connected directly via 1/8 jack from headphone outlet into 2 RCAs directly into my tube amp. Quality of sound is lacking to say the least!
I am considering adding an inexpensive DAC ( iFi AUDIO nano iDSD LE Portable DAC  or iFi Audio nano iOne DAC ) into the stream between the laptop & amp.My question is: will this influence the overall sound I'll hear out of my speakers? Will adding such a DAC help to increase the quality of sound produced by the system?
I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on a DAC as this is a source that I don't use as much as some others already in the system.
wcc10
“Schiit Modi or Modi Multibit are also good options.”

+1

Great value and American made.  Topping ChiFi stuff not so much.

I was thinking about the "Dragon Fly" line. Only a 1/8 out kind of turns me off.
You do not mention how much is too much. However, at around $1200-$1400 you can get a used Benchmark DAC2 HGC which is both an analog preamp and DAC. I owned it for about 5 years and it was great for the price. I upgraded to the DAC3 and it was not something I recommend if you already have a cheaper DAC2.

You say you do not use a DAC too much as a source. That is a shame since today you have almost every album created over the last 50+ years available to stream from various streaming sources. Spending a little coin on a DAC today will serve you well for a very long time.

I also suggest a used Sonore microRendu for about $500 (or less) to stream your music from your laptop to the microRendu and then, via USB cable, to your new DAC. I would say this Sonore microRendu is even more important that the DAC. That is save some money and get a cheaper DAC but get a microRendu to get your laptop’s music to the DAC. It will be a massive improvement. I know, because I used to stream directly from a PC into a DAC. I currently use a microRendu and will move up the line for my next system.

Edit. I just saw your post above about the $$ you want to spend. So forget the Benchmark DAC2., but I encourage you to research the microRendu. Tons of info on the web about this beautiful streaming device.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/audiophile-style-products-of-the-decade-r865/