New tube preamp

Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing my PS Audio BHK Signature preamp and was wondering if anyone has listened to the Supratek Cabernet 6SN7 and or the Linear Tube Audio Microzotl preamps or the LTA MZ3, from what I've read the preamp in both of the LTA's are identical. Both are very reasonably priced (under $5000.00) and both are tube designs. For the money they are both supposed to be giant killers. Thank you.

Scot   
scothurwitz
Meiatflask,

I’ve been dying to listen to the CJ and especially the Et7 but only one CJ dealer in my area and he doesn’t have one on the floor to listen to. Is yours the series 1 or series 2? Also, if I’m not mistaken I think the retail price on the new et7 series 2 is up to 13k! What did you have before you bought the et7? I heard an et5 years ago and was impressed. I read somewhere that the head of their service department bought the company from the original owners, it looks like he’s making some changes and bringing out some new products which was needed. You rarely see one of their products being reviewed.  Thanks.

Scot
Hey scothurwitz,   you want to get a really great sounding tube preamp ? check out the ( Rogue Audio RP-7 Preamplifier  )  It's next on my list.
Agree on DeHavilland Ultraverve. I bought a used one and love it. 6sn7 based is the way to go for my system. Quickly sold my highly rated and reviewed 12AU7 based preamp once I put the Ultraverve in. Then I had Kara build me a Mercury 3 with upgraded Dueland capacitors. I am keeping and using both preamps. The Ultraverve is a great deal used. 
Exron,

Like so so many of us after reading the reviews I to wanted to hear one (RP7) I had a McIntosh C52 which, in my opinion, was mediocre at best and I got the Mac at cost because I work in the industry. My local Rogue dealer offered to trade the Mac for a new factory sealed RP7 so we did an even swap. I made sure to put about 200 hours on the RP7 before coming to any conclusions. NOT impressed. Like so many other pieces it did some things really well. It was very quiet, clean, open, nice bass and good midrange but where it fell short for me is it had absolutely no tonality, I need more tonal color and accurate timbre and I was so disappointed in that regard. It bored me to tears!

scot