Experience with North Creek Speakers

I was reading some old audiogon forums and found a speaker company named North Creek. Their speakers seems quite interesting. I was wondering about individuals experience with their floor standers. Thanks, Steve
salevick
I second George at North Creek as a great person to deal with. I own the Manifest speaker kit and love it a giant killer. I would call or email him and see what he has he may be able to put something together for you . I know Lee Taylor makes great cabinets but I was able to find a local woodworker to make mine with North Creek's plans they came out great . I would also echo what the others said his products are great but there are other kits out there that also look to be giant killers .
The crossovers are complete overkill built with multiple cascaded caps and up to 8ga coils. If the cabinets are made to Northcreek specs you would be hard pressed to find a better cabinet made out of conventional materials, extremely non resonant. George has been great to deal with and I would seriously consider buying another pair if I needed more speakers but l already own the Rhythm Unlimiteds and Kitty Kats
Own North Creek Catamounts (Revelator Signature) with Lee Taylor cabinets. Cost about $4,200 shipped and compare, in my experience, to high-end two-ways in the 8-12k range. The Scanspeak Revelator drivers are superb; same for the crossovers parts. Cabinets were hefty, well built and finished, although perhaps not as refined looking as some other high-end MDF/veneer cabinets. Sound gorgeous with Pass XA30.5 (used to run with BAT VT60, but prefer the new amplifier by far). Would purchase again in a second, accepting the inherent limitations (and benefits) of a two-way. Occasionally think of buying a pair of Rhythms for more bottom end, but afraid of losing the Catamounts' detail and soundstaging--it's an incredibly balanced and well behaved speaker. Good luck.
As all of you must know, Norths are hard to audition. (One reason I'm hesitant to go with them when I move from my Eskas). I wonder if people would like to get a home audition list going here? I'm in st. Louis, and would be happy for people to check out my Eskas.

John
If you're around the SE Michigan area there is a nice pair of Rythmns for sale on Craigslist. I'm in no way affiliated with the seller

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/ele/2137701704.html