What's Worth More on the Open Market - Your Records or Your Audio Gear

Have anyone of you actually calculated this ?

What's your personal ratio ?

I have not looked into this in any detail, and have if anything, only recently.....

Told family members (not my wife) 8^0..........something along the lines of ........." this piece of equipment is worth ......this (xxxx) ......." 

I have, told all family members that they could probably start an Ebay Record Selling Career; if their own career doesn't pan out.... with what is contained in the house. I don't think they are buying this idea ......right now.

This has me a little concerned.  

I assume the good records will only go up in value.  

Some gear I own, I believe is in this same state of fluctuating upward values.

Interested in your opinions, and findings on the subject.    Have you crossed this bridge yet ?  

128x128ct0517
It's impossible to say. 

Each cycle of value has a peak and that cycle and the given peak requires there to be a world that is stable enough, affluent enough... to be interested in it.

The question is if we are at 'peak lp' or not.

It would be foolish to assume that the world will always be interested in LPs at high prices. Assessing carefully, weighing the factors, looking at the history of other cycles...would be a better way to look at things.
Records will be worth less in the future good luck selling them for the amount you think there worth.Stereo gear will also be worth less in the future most times.
I think I could estimate pretty accurately what prices I can get for my gear...not a clue what I might actually get for my LP's...and for records to have any real value they need to be totally mint...with all the LP reissues not sure what vintage originals are worth now
I think it depends on a lot of factors. Album condition, what pressing, how popular is the music etc. I disagree with the fact that Lps will be worth nothing. I subconsciously sold off most of my cd collection but still held on to my vinyl. They are certainly making a resurgence even with the younger crowd. In terms of selling, I would look at Discogs where you can actually search out your records and see what the going rate is. I have kids that I turned on to vinyl and they appreciate the whole process and sound quality.