Revisiting some music from the past ...

I rarely start posts.  

After a few days of Quora and Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish questions, I 'realized' or better said 'accepted' or better said 'ranted' that ... 

'Rock music is dead for the most part. Music has morphed into something else. It is totally unrecognizable to Baby Boomers and Generation X’ers.  No one listens to radio. No one owns a stereo. No one purchases physical music.  IT AIN’T THE SAME ANYMORE!'

Now that I got that out of my system (rightly or wrongly), I do feel better when I am posting about music and staying away from the posts about component X being better than component Y.   

For this Sunday morning, two videos of 'older' music that still sound good to these ears ...

Roy Orbison - Live on BBC (1975)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZXIok6OF8&feature=emb_rel_pause

Ricky Nelson & Fats Domino in Concert.  They perform together around the 46 minute mark.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk0Lt_7RANU

Enjoy, 

Rich 
128x128rar1
I am a major follower and supporter of Americana.  It is all I buy and I buy plenty.  Though I don't think the Americana scene is better today today than say 15 years ago.  In any event, good to know I have a listening buddy.  

Rich 

Nice to meet ya Rich! Living in L.A. from 1979-2016, I was able to see and hear a lot of great stuff live. Los Lobos, Lucinda Williams, and Dwight Yoakum before they got record deals. Locals like The Continental Drifters (a great band containing Vicki Peterson of The Bangles, Susan Cowsill, Peter Holsapple of the db’s, studio drummer Carlo Nuccio), The Long Ryders (Lucinda’s then-husband was their drummer. Sid Griffin is almost as much a Band fanatic as am I), The Blasters, The Plimsouls (containing Peter Case), The Beat (their debut album is a Power Pop classic. A great, great live band), dozens more.

That was after having grown up in the N. California Bay area (San Jose/Cupertino), having seen all the local bands starting at age 14. The Chocolate Watchband, The Syndicate Of Sound, People, Stained Glass, The Otherside (an offshoot of The Chocolate Watchband). In 67 I started going up to see all the San Francisco bands, good (The Dead, Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks, Sons Of Champlin, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, The Steve Miller Blues Band---with Boz Scaggs just playing rhythm guitar!, The Flamin’ Groovies), and bad (Big Brother & The Holding Company---absolutely dreadful!, Country Joe & The Fish, Blue Cheer---oy!). I somehow failed to ever see the best of them---Moby Grape.

warning - generalization ahead - 

I do think the Americana performers make better recordings than a lot of pop/rock acts, I imagine this is due to their audience and how they procure and listen to music these days.  Music that is more dance orientated also generally sounds better to me than music you're likely to hear on the radio or similar, and I'd guess for the same reason.