Hornshoppe "the Truth" preamp - any opinions?

"The Truth" changes the paradigm in Reference Line Stages, literally. Its existence has even forced me to remove a "Direct Connection" in "Class A", because such a choice no longer makes any rational sense to me. In the end, "The Truth" is effectively a "direct connection" with no sonic downsides, and with the ability to drive any amplifier load and/or length of cable, while allowing any source to be heard at its very best. With the exception of extra gain, an audiophile can't ask for more than that. I realize that this may all sound "too good to be true", but it isn't. 

-- Arthur Salvatore  http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Linestages.html

This is high praise indeed, he likes it better than Coincident's Line Stage which is saying something, was wondering if someone else has heard it and compared it to other active line stages (am a big believer in active, though currently using AMR DP-777 DAC as my pre)
essrand
T-ramey. I have owned all 3 versions of the TRL Dude. In addition, with the help of Paul the designer, I built a super Dude tricked out with all the best parts. Recently, I build my own version of the Dude with some differences, but much more in common with Paul’s design.

I had the opportunity to compare the Coincident Statement to my Super Dude in a system including Paul’s TRL Samson SS monoblock amps. In this system the Dude really outshone the Coincident in all sonic aspects. But, please hear me on this, this was the case in this one system with the Dude having great synergy with the TRL amps and TRL cabling. Synergy is everything with our systems!

When hearing the Coincident Statement in my current system I was completely floored based on the above first experience with the Coincident preamp. In my current system the Coincident Statement was simply gorgeous. I don’t have a Dude to compare in my current system, however I am confident both preamps would sound great with subjective preferences determining which preamp one would rather have. When gear gets this good it always comes down to preferences and system synergy. Also, as Brownsfan said, the tubes used really impact the sound of the Coincident line stage. He has the very best tubes in the unit I listened to.

Based on my history with the Dude I can tell you the Coincident delivers a more airy and refined top end with a tad more midrange beauty. The Dude is more dynamic and throws a larger stage combined with a greater sense of ease when pushed. The Dude energizes a room like no other preamp I have ever heard. The Coincident delivers beautiful tonality and a sustained decaying of notes top to bottom that is arresting. The Truth offers remarkable purity and the complete absence of noise that takes getting used to. At first you think you are missing something, but over time you realize that noise and additional artifacts are now missing. Over time it’s hard to give this up!

Soon I plan on building another tube preamp based on the Dude, but with a look towards the beauty of the Coincident. I think there are things that can be done and we will see.
I remember well thaluza and thanks to yours, and others, recommendations I’m thoroughly enjoying The Truth. Thanks.

Thanks to grannyrings suggestions I just ordered a new Truth with upgraded Furutech RCA jacks and internal silver wiring from Ed. Ed is a joy to work with as he is more than willing to build to suit ones needs. It will be interesting comparing the stock Truth to the upgraded one. 
This is a very intriguing discussion . I have been liking passives for a few years now . Actually a very inexpensive volume pot from Nanopatch and now from a company called Nobsound . The nobsound NS -o5P retails for around $60 . As grannyring described about the Truth with its lack of noise the Nobsound also has this quality . I will be checking out the TRUTH volume control in the future .

For those not ready to spend $1000 on a unheard technology in their system I highly recommend the Nobsound NS 05p to start with and get a similar sound to start with for only $60 . ,