Bluesound Node 2i vs Upscale streamers

For those of you that have compared the Node 2/2i to some of the more expensive streamers like Lumin, Aurender, etc., what do the big boys bring to the table. Forget the internal DACs, I'm sure theirs beats the Node. I'm talking about using these devices as stand alone streamers into an outboard DAC. What are the differences you've heard?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
Bluesound Node 2i   Marantz  AV 7705  with Emotiva XPA5, Tekton Electron BE speakers.

Comparing streamers ONLY  (  via coaxial out of Node 2i  to Marantz AV7705 ) Using Amazon Music HD   CD quality and above streams.

Bluesound Node 2i is very slightly better...a little better detail, better bass control, and better overall balance. Not in your face difference....you have to listen closely. 

Comparing the DACs of the two units....

Bluesound wins again. A little more obvious with the DACs but again not substantial with my equipment. Node 2i is more controlled with the high and low end and this was pretty obvious ( I have beryllium tweeters). Smoother overall sound, less fatiguing . No major improvement in soundstage or dynamics. 

My Bluesound Node 2i  is for a another setup and I would not consider it a cost effective upgrade from the Marantz 7705.( I purchased refurbished from safeandsoundhq for $420 shipped 1 year warranty) I am going to use for the front end with Benchmark DAC3/ABH2 set up with the Tekton Electrons. I was a little concerned that the Tektons with beryllium were a little too harsh/bright but this experiment revealed it was coming from the Marantz . The Node 2i produces a non fatiguing sound in comparison.

Node 2i has a much better user interface than the HEOS system on Marantz equipment ( especially if you use Amazon music HD)

All the above inmho.  

@larry5729   

I haven’t heard the Project DAC but I have read some comments elsewhere that it’s pretty sub par.  I had a ProJect headphone amp that I thought was crap and returned it.  I can believe that the humble DAC in in the Node2 bested the ProJect DAC.  I think that you were snookered by your dealer.  Always trust your own ears
I am trying to revive this thread.

I am running a BlueSound 2i into a Benchmark DAC. I find the BlueSound interface handy and reliable.

Sounds great. Most limitations come from the recording quality anyhow. 

It seems to me that the SQ originates mostly from the DAC itself (and of course the recording). Why would the BS Node or the interface impact on the SQ?

Interested to hear the arguments.
@jorgjean,
Don't ask me how or why, but switching out the Bluesound Node for an Aurender N100-while still using any Ayre Codex- made a significant improvement.
Bob
@ozzy62 — Good thread.  If I’m you I buy either an Innuos Zen Mini Mklll or even better a Zen Mklll if it’s in your budget from HiFi Heaven and try it in your system.  They have a generous return policy so you could do this with very little cost outlay and will definitively answer your question.  Also, read Darko’s reviews of Innuos models (if you haven’t already) as he compares them directly to others in his system, which I found particularly interesting.  FWIW...