Point of diminishing return for a DAC

I am currently using a Mac mini as a Roon Server with an entry schiit DAC. I am considering buying another DAC. My question: what are the opinions on the point of diminishing returns for a DAC. My system is Golden Ear Triton 2+, Prima Luna preamp Carver tube amp. Quobuz for streaming...

Look forward to thoughts and advice...
128x128fastninja12
Ianrmack, I am in agreement with you. Point of diminishing return for a component depends on relative sonic value of the system that component is to anchor.  No doubt the Cord would sound better than a bifrost in either a 10K or a 40K system (15k DAc/Streamer, 10K amplification, 15K speakers). However, it would be better to spread the difference in cost of the DACs across the lower priced system. Given the higher cost system on could justify a greater cost in speakers, which would likely be the next upgrade.
In my experience, albeit somewhat limited, I believe the 80/20 rule applies; you get roughly 80% of the sound quality with 20% of the cost. Its the remaining 20% sound quality where you spend most of the cost, and time. The proverbial rabbit hole....
12-31-2019 9:06amIn my experience, albeit somewhat limited, I believe the 80/20 rule applies; you get roughly 80% of the sound quality with 20% of the cost. Its the remaining 20% sound quality where you spend most of the cost, and time. The proverbial rabbit hole....

80-100% agree with this...;-)

80/20 or 90/10...whatever you believe but we think hat diminishing returns are real. Music lovers seem to be happy at 80-92% while audiophiles and "gear lovers" pursue that last 8% with passion...and real dollars.

Percentages require a fixed point for a calculation. None of you, and none of us, have that reference point.