synergistic research orange blue fuse direction.

Hi, I have two 611s, one 302 and one 452 McIntosh amps, and I just purchased three Synergistic Research (SR) Orange fuses. I also received one SR Blue fuse free with the purchase of the SR blue receptacle. Would someone advise me with some specificity on the directional installation of the Blue and Orange fuse. Again all the amps are McIntosh.

Thanks.
Guy
guyt
cheeg:
OK, I’ve been waiting for someone else to ask the obvious “dumb” question, but since none of you are volunteering, here goes: if it’s an AC signal, why does the directionality matter?

The idea being, since its AC its alternating, back and forth, forth and back, what's the diff? That about it? In a nutshell?

Okay so well first off in a house wired 120v the panel has 240v coming in with the breakers on the left connected to one 120v leg, the breakers on the right connected to the other 120v leg, and the 240v breakers taking up two spaces because they connect to both legs.

Got it? Okay. So even taking the back and forth point of view they are not all the same. One swings one way. One swings the other. (As Seinfeld might add, "Not that there's anything wrong with that.")

But what about 240v? What about the (admittedly rare) systems like mine where 240v steps down to 120v? There is no "leg" with a transformer. 

Well the answer is even then the power coming in one wire is positive, the other ground or negative. In any case the AC coming into all components, the first thing it does is go through a transformer (to get whatever voltage the component uses) then to some diode rectifiers and then to some power supply caps. Because all components, even though plugged into AC, they all run on DC. But you knew that, right? ;)

So there's your flow.
So from negative to positive... that I knew. I did read the whole thread before posting.  Quite funny and interesting. Still going to test one....
Anyone got a rental fuse?  What’s is the return policy on fuses from SR? I did read, not long ago, someone bought a blue  receptacle  with the carbon fiber plate and said it looked like a three year old painted it blue and the carbon looked horrible. I did notice Kimber Kable has outlets. After I run my new dedicated breaker and wire I think I’ll try one from them. Any other manufacturers make good quality outlets? 
@millercarbon I read your explanation twice, which is two times more than it deserves, and in those two readings I could not find a hint of an answer to the simple question fistatus1 posted.  Just nonsense.  And then when you finally do try to actually answer you go completely off the rails and talk about converting to DC - ignoring the fact that the majority of fuses are on the incoming AC line, not on the rectified and filtered DC.  Your lack of understanding makes you a perfect candidate for the pseudo-scientific claims foisted by Ted Denney and his Synergistic Research con men. 
jerrybj
It’s best to ignore most of what George says.
Really!!!
And they are suppose believe someone that does this to his system??
What a laugh! No, Really! What a laugh!

jerrybj

I have lots of ’tweaks’ added to my system.

Is there anything I’m missing?

Upgraded over the last year:

Chokes on electrical items with a switched mode power supply
Halide Bridge USB to coaxial reclocker
Akiko Triple AC Power Enhancer
Audio Prism Ground Control spades on speakers
RCA shorting plugs for inputs on my amp.
Akiko Tuning Caps on amp outputs.
Akiko Fuse Box Tuning Chip.
1 x Shumann Resonator Chatres SE + power supply

1 x Schumann Resonator CHARTRES Mk3

Black Ravioli pads for amp, Dac and power supply

Vibrapod isolation cones and feet
Akiko Universal Tuning Sticks on speaker cables.
iFi AC iPurifier.
MCRU Mains Filtration plug
Mad Scientist Nitro Nano power cables.
’LOA audio tweak’ chip.
Signal Ground solutions SGS-1 Groundng Box.
3 x Bybee iQSE - one on power board.
High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5
XLR Noise Stopper Caps.
Russ Andrews ’The Silencer.’
Audioquest Jitterbug.
iFi USB Silencer.
SR Orange fuses

PPT Omega + EMat to trial

Mad Scientist Graphene Contact Enhancer to apply
Mad Scientist Donuts coming.

The only thing funny is people still in denial over what's long since been settled. Like decades gone by. I mean let me show you how behind the times luddite stupid it is. "So you're telling me that electronic chip is gonna squirt fuel straight into the engine? And its gonna know to do this how? No way. Fuel injection is snake oil! Now carbs, distributor, that might actually work." Half a century out of date. That's all.

All Synergistic comes with a 30 day return guarantee. You won't need it. Won't need to burn in for weeks either. It will sound good right out of the box. Better later. But good? Right from the very beginning.