How good can it get, really? - my stereo sounds amazing!

I really love my stereo currently. I keep thinking I should be looking for the next piece to upgrade - phono stage, stereo subs, etc., but honestly not sure what to change or why I’d potentially spend more money to achieve a result that’s lesser or equal to my current sound quality. I sorta feel clueless as to how to proceed without screwing up what I have. I know it can get better but honestly I’m at a place when I just don’t know how it can. Hmmmmm.... not a bad problem I guess. Open to suggestions for sure. Thx.
paulgardner
My suggestion is, enjoy your setup. Stop reading stereo magazines, which are designed to make you want stuff. Stop reading audio bulletin boards, which can cause fear and doubt. Just enjoy the music, and count your money!

When you stop enjoying it, take 2 weeks off and see if that helps.
This is a difficult question to answer since you did not post what it is you have for a stereo system. You might have some wonderful pieces, or you might have some items that could use a change. Again, difficult to answer.
IMHO, far too many people go cheap on cable. It is often difficult to look at "wire" as a piece of equipment, and it is not as "cool" as some huge amp, or a preamp with zillions of tubes sticking out of it. But something has to carry that signal from one place to another. So, it you think your gear is up to the task, then start looking at cables, especially power. I know that nothing gets a good argument going like the word(s) cable, or wire, but trust your ear and not something that someone tells you is "snake oil". There are a lot of good power cords out there and a lot of free trials. Break-in can be a bear but if you have good revealing equipment now, better power cords will really surprise you with their performance.
Of course, we can all appreciate the desire to "change it up", without knowing what you have currently, it's impossible to give you any suggestions.
Post removed