adcom equipment.....

this might have been posted before, but has anyone heard or know anything about the new adcom line.  that, 575se model intrigues me at that price point.

kennesawjet
I have own the Adcom 545ii, 555ii and the 565ii. I have my 565’s modified by Musical
Concepts. They sounded pretty good driving Maggies. They matched very well with them. Also Nelson Pass made a comment that a couple certain parts were changed out from his original design. He wasn’t very happy about it. Said it held the amps back. Many over at the DIY have modded them using parts Pass suggested with great results. 
Well I’m currently after an Adcom 565SE, Nelson Pass notwithstanding.  Problem is, it’s on the other side of the country, and the seller would prefer to keep it local.

I’ve told him to let me know if he decides to ship.  He’s got the shipping box but has had bad luck with shipping items, and the 565SE is 50 lbs.

I read an owner’s impressions of the amp and he says it’s on the foreword side of neutral, which would be different than the 555SE I had.   Anyway, I regret selling the 555, and hope I can snag a lightly used Adcom eventually.

Happy holidays, now that we're past Christmas.  My aim has changed as the 565se owner didn't get back to me.  I made an offer on a 555ms here that got accepted, so I'll probably get my hands on it in the next couple of weeks.

I remember a poster here who had one and was happy with it, but my main curiosity is the sound signature and whether it's neutral or forward sounding.  It reaches unity power at 1.25 volts, so should be a good fit in my home theater being fed by a Denon avr to my front speakers.  

But I plan to put it through its paces first in the 2 channel rig.  I'll report once I get some time on it.
Well, another year and for me, another Adcom!  I almost bought the 565SE last year and it's been in the back of my mind, though I've been happy with the 555MS.  

But I always wonder what if, and found a pretty good price on BNIB.  I probably won't have it for a couple of weeks, but I'll try to give my impressions then.