"American Sound" Speakers

There's a lot of discussion about and descriptions of the 'British/BBC' sound here, and I'm pretty clear on what that is. As a Rega owner, and fan of Avalon and Harbeth, it's safe to say that this is my preferred sound at my current stage of development.

But what comprises the "American Sound?" What are some example brands or specific speakers that exemplify this sound?
soundgasm
Muzikat: IMO, if GMA and North Creek are both musical, it's in pretty different ways. Could be just on my audition, but the EOS was analytical, while my North Creeks have always been rather relaxed. John
Is there a signature frequency response curve to American speakers (now or in the past) in the same way there is for British speakers with the BBC dip?
Muzikat: "IMO, if GMA and North Creek are both musical, it's in pretty different ways. Could be just on my audition, but the EOS was analytical, while my North Creeks have always been rather relaxed. John"

John, What's your point here? Are you trying to debate me on which of these speakers are the most "American Sound" or what? The OP asked for examples of American Sound. I gave him a couple of examples. Everyone has their preferences, like all of audio. You only want to challenge me it seems, but you have not contributed to the OP.
In your opinion which best exemplifies the "American Sound"?
Brf, good explanation. The American sound had its roots in Bell Labs/Western Electric whereas the British sound was derived from the BBC.