Not streaming yet and considering Bluesound Node 2i? What you need to know.

Two months ago question marks were orbiting my aching head. Now I have the 2i and an MHDT Orchid DAC. My real interest was getting decent radio over WiFi because my ethernet is on the wrong floor. The 2i one box budget solution was appealing. I got the 2i. Happy Days! I found the 2i playing Tunein radio over 5G WiFi decent. At least it beat my Sangean WFT-1 up pretty good. Adding the Orchid was stunning. How could free radio sound so good? Defined lows, vivid mids, nothing special up top but so coherent, musical and it swings - I could listen all day. Hey now, Music Streaming Services. How good could that be? Qobuz trial time. Hmm. The BluOS app acts as a remote control for the 2i telling it to stream and decode Tunein radio or Spotify directly from WiFi or Ethernet. Here’s the problem. The Node 2i can’t direct stream any music services except Spotify. You can only Bluetooth cast Qobuz (and others) to the Node from the BluOS app even if the Node is hardwired to ethernet and, believe me, the quality suffers. You can USB or Toslink to the 2i but then you don’t need the 2i at all if you’ve got a DAC. This is just an fyi, food for thought for the potential buyer. I’m quite pleased with Tunein Radio and the BluOS app is fun. Would do it again.
wlutke
I meant to add.  I added a Pro-Ject DAC to my Blue Sound Node 2i connecting it by way of Audioquest Carbon digital coax cable and found I preferred the DAC inside the Blue Sound to be better.  For some reason, I like MQA.  Still don't know why MQA seems to sound better.  It would be helpful to learn more about how music is recorded, copied and sold.
I have node2i connected to a Jolida Glass FX tube dac, I stream Tidal and TuneIn , Amazon Music as well as stream FLAC files from a share on my PC. Works great. The Tidal Masters sound outstanding!. My system is JBL 4430's, Music Reference RM9, Scott tube Preamp. 
This thread is timely for me.  I just ordered a Naim SuperNait 2 and I already have the Orchid.  Currently running from a computer across the room to the Orchid and it is a pain.  I love the Orchid though.  I think I will order a 2i today and get it hooked up over the holidays.  Right now I mostly use Tidal, but I am also testing Amazon HD.  Looking forward to checking it all out on the Node.
Bright Audio.  Still old price $499 plus 10% discount for first order.  $450 total.  Mine was drop shipped from the distributor in about a week.
I considered the bluesound node but rejected the idea. It seemed like a $500 bandaid. Instead I bought a Hegel HD 30. Spectacular DAC, with streaming built in. The best way to hook it up is wired, but failing that, it can be used with an inexpensive WiFi to Ethernet bridge like the Airport express. It works with Quobuz, Audirvana, others, and does a much better job than most on airplay. Only thing missing is analog. For that I switched to the Hegel H590. Not cheap, but when you consider it replaces 3 boxes, well worth the money.