Maximizing VPI Prime Performance

My good table is a Sota Cosmos VI with SME V and Transfiguration Proteus cartridge. I happen to have a VPI Prime with HW 40 arm on it for my casual listening table. Currently a ZYX 4D is installed. 

The question is what can be done to the Prime to up its game? I have ordered a Waynes Audio periphery clamp as an experiment to see if I can get close to the vacuum system the Sota has. Honestly looks like a bit of a pain in the butt to use. 

I am considering the Symposium Audio Segue Iso shelf, and the inserts for the Prime feet. 

Are there any other upgrades folks have found beneficial for the table? In a way this one will get more use in terms of hours over the Sota, so getting it to be the best it can would be beneficial. 

Cheers
Mister Pig
neonknight
@neonknight If you use the centering disk it should go on perfectly. There should be no "offset." I do it every day with my TTW ring. Did you watch Wayne’s video?

@edwyun Phoenix Roadrunner and Eagle is unobtanium. No longer made. Those who have them are not selling. Only way to get similar performance is the buy the motor combo from Sota.

Here is a list of the mods I have made to my Prime:
  • Eagle & Roadrunner - Very worthwhile if you can find them
  • 2nd arm - it’s a mono/stereo thing
  • Dual pivot mod for both arms
  • 3 belts - audible difference
  • CounterIntuitive - facilitates setup
  • Stillpoints LP1 - best of several tried
  • VPI Periphery Ring - worth the aggravation on warped records, but for someone with a vacuum table, forget about it
  • Deer skin platter mat - fuzzy side up, sounds better
  • Litz silver wire - brighter, shimmery sound

I have owned the prime for 3 years and with all those changes am still not totally happy with it. I prefer my SL1200GAE that sits right beside it. HW40 currently on order to replace it.
I have a Superscoutmaster/rim drive/3D arm/2nd pivot,Classic Platter,BearPaws (large brass cones replacements for stock feet). Every one of those upgrades was a significant performance upgrade...each having their own way of improvement. If I had to pick which made the most significant improvement, I’d say BearPaws.  I do use the VPI peripheral ring, VPI s/s weight (for years..never a problem)...  Use the record directly on the platter...mats always had warts of their own.
Bill, you should really try one of the SOTA tables with vacuum. It works great and dampens the record beautifully. I do not hear a difference with various mats but I do with vacuum. You get tape like rock solid consistency. We are rhythmic creatures. Tiny alterations in rhythm are noticeable like you get from records that are not perfectly flat. I do not think this is psychological as prof would say "expectation bias" I am pretty sure if I were to mount a mildly warped record and have someone turn the vacuum on and off I would be able to tell the difference reliably. I should run this experiment. It is like the difference between a so so drummer and Gavin Harrison or Dave Weckle.