Problem with Ref 5SE

I recently purchased a 5se and took delivery the other day. Did not get a chance to open it up until last night. Upon installing it into system I switched it on and after it warmed up, I was very much interested in hearing how it sounded against my current 27. After listening to several tracks with the 27 I switched pre's and after a couple of minutes playing a CD I got some noise, almost a loud static sound coming from the right channel. It was not effected by changing volume controls or input selector. It went away after 10-15 seconds and then returned. At that point, as it was late, I shut everything down and figured I would take another look in the morning.

This morning I removed the top cover and pulled and reset the output tubes and then the power tubes. I fired it back up and still had the 'static' sound but now it also had a humm, like an impedance type hum and constant. I do not believe that the humm was present last night as it is quite noticeable. 

The static type load noise seemed to have abated after the unit warmed up after maybe 15-30 minutes.

Can I assume that perhaps a tube was damaged during shipping? Do you ARC guys think a new set of tubes will fix this issue or am I looking at something more severe? Any additional suggestions to try and pin this down?

I rerouted the IC going to the amps to get them further away from source IC's and no help...

I am a little bummed, as my initial impression it that it is a leap from the LS27, my current...
128x128stevea11757
Do what elrod said. If the sound follows from right channel to left, youve narrowed it down. You also have two good 6h30 tubes in your ls27 so if the sound moves channels, borrow one 6h30 from the ls 27 and replace one of the potential issue tubes at a time to isolate. The same can be done to try to isolate the hum (You didn5 say if the hum is in the right channel or both channels) but first try reversing your interconnects on that channel, etc. are you using balanced or single ended interconnects?

After its all said and done, it may need a trip back to arc. 
No, the tubes were installed in the unit, although I doubt that if they were horizontal instead of vertical that it would have helped much. I know they should have been removed...

There are about 800 hours on tubes

Balanced IC;'s, swapped out for another set I had, no difference, humm is both channels and disappears with mute on.

The static noise seems to have gone away once everything was powered on for more than 30 minutes...power tubes?
Not sure what the problem is, but as a Ref5se owner. I did find out that the 6550 power tube needs to be replaced every 2000 hours, this is not mentioned in the manual. It only mentions the 6H30 has a 4000 hour change interval. If you look at the REF6 manual, it now mentions at. My power board burnt, but ARC replaced it as a warranty claim. Just telling you this so you don’t find out the hard way.
That said , have you tried the second set of outputs to the amp to see if that gives the same result? Also the tubes really should have been shipped in the foam packing that ARC includes. If you do ship it back to them ask if they prefer the tubes not in place and maybe they can send you the foam packing cube they sell tubes in.
Moved the tube around from the 27 and hum is still present. I guess next is the 6550 power tube, which I will have to order...this is going to ruin my holiday.. :((
Okay, after a bunch of reading and research it might just be something that I am going to have to live with. Apparently the S/N is what I am hearing, hum/hiss or whatever there might be no getting around it. I do plan on replacing the power tube and ordering a set of outputs as the unit is a little over 1k on the hours and I plan on using this a lot as I get used to it so might as well have replacement on hand.

Any ARC 5se owners have similar issues? I can't have the only set up that this has become apparent. I am probably used to the LS 27 as I do not recall having any issues with a noticeable noise floor.

Have a Power Plant 20 I have to put into system (my 12 could not handle the Pass and the 27 at the same time, had to do them one at a time, the 5 draws a LOT more.

Should anyone have additional suggestions, it would be appreciated, I was already looking for new balanced cables as I need them a little longer so I can cut the cables for speakers to a minimum. I had another thread I posted earlier looking for IC's recommendations.