Phono cartridge suggestions sought

Hi All,

I am in the market for a new phono cartridge. I can run up to $1400 but would prefer not to if i can get the performance I want. 

I listen to predominantly Jazz on vinyl, though some rock, folk and classical also gets spun

I recently heard a Hana SL and Rega Apheta at a dealers—different decks, same room and system. Both sounded good although the Apheta was not as heavy sounding and at the same time sounded more “present”. I wasn’t really looking at the Apheta, but it was available to listen to. 

The room is accoustically live with lots of glass and hard surfaces but all sounds good. 

System: Naim Atom, Bryston TT, Parasound JC jr phono stage (so huge loading flexibility and gain up to the 60’s), Totem Acoustics Signature Ones, Transparent cables. Current cart: Denon 103r with 250 hours on it, so it is winding down. 

I have enjoyed the Denon. But wondering about that all elusive “more.”

on paper spec, nobody touches the Grados for channel separation, but not sure how essential a criterion that should be. Especially since I worked hard to tame some RFI from a nearby antenna and the Grados I have heard said are not well-shielded. 

Since my Totems only drop down to 45 Hz, I suppose absolute resolution on the low end could be sacrificed for other sonic goods. 

Ok, hive mind, what do you suggest?
dramatictenor
Still have the Art9 as first choice or Hana SL as second choice on my Project 9C arm. Depends on my final budget.
You might want to consider a Miyajima.

Miyajima is a killer MC, i got one finally for my Ikeda IT-345 and it's Kansui model. 

Chakster, glad to get a second vote of confidence for that. I am still trying to get an additional SPU headshell for easy swap outs and its not been easy to locate at non-ludicrous prices on flea bay. 
Read the reviews and audition a Sumiko Blackbird, high output or low whatever your preference. It's in your price range to...
The reviews often has nothing to do with reality, most of the reviewers never ever tried a bunch of exceptionally good vintage cartridges, they can only compare one new to another new models, this is a lack of knowledge and experience. It is almost impossible to find a negative review on anything, but the truth is that a great cartridge from the past with price tag under $1k can be better than new cartridge with price tag over $5k. The reviewer will not tell you about the winners from the past, they can only say something about a product they are reviewing. 

The best cartridges for the money are vintage MM/MI from the late 70s - early 80s. Some nice LOMC from the same era also 10 times cheaper than anything new and can be found NOS.

A choice of NEW cartridges is very limited and the price for inferior models are insane compared to vintage models in perfect condition. Some cheap modern cartridges are pure garbage in terms of sound quality, but the marketing department work well to promote them.