Acoustic Research AR9LS owners? Just for thought

I am the new owner of a pair of these fine speakers and they are in mint condition. Drivers redone, wood polished, new foam in lower cab area... all done right. Original owners manual and recipt from purchase in october of 1984. WOW. Please give me some input as to how these should be placed, wired, ran, etc etc. I would love to talk to some other owners. THanks.
agarrison
I have a pair of AR-11's and always wondered about the AR-9.... the AR-11 can really suck up the power, likes to be fed by a high current dumping amp with 200 watts a side, or even more I think.. for the AR-9 I would think for them to sing you would need a big Krell or similiar, 250 watts minimum I'm thinking.. 500 watts per channel would be best. those twin 11 inch acoustic suspended woofs REALLY need some current! I use Cardas Golden Cross speaker cables which work great. Place back against the wall... or about 3 feet out even. Only think I don't like is the sometimes overwhemingly beamy quality of the mid dome on mine... I have the control set on the lowest setting.
Don't know if this helps... I would love to have a pair of AR-9's.
congrats!

place them with their backs up against the wall and as wide apart as you can manage. any high power amp of decent quality should do nicely. also, if these dont have the Lsi mod i would highly recommend it.
I had a pair of 9Ls back in the 80's bought them new-powered with a mac 2600-i think was around 500w per channel.I grew up with AR3a the 9's continued with the 3a's impressive low end-but were louder and way more durable-they could pretty much handle all the mac could supply.As much as I enjoyed them I traded for a pair of B&W 802's series 80, and at the time was a big improvment,although few speakers can macth vintage AR low end.