Are audiophile speakers turn on for single women?

I recently purchased a pair of speakers that I showed to a non-audiophile female friend of mine. She said they looked beautiful and asked how much they cost. When I told her, her jaw dropped. She then asked if I was using them to pick up hot chicks. Hmm...I told her the only people who get turned on by my audiophile speakers are balding middle-aged men. She had a laugh, but I wondered if anyone tried to impress a girl with his stereo system. High end is a male dominated hobby like sports cars. So have you found a woman who was turned on by your system. I have had no such look. I just get blank stares when I talk about my hobby to women.
dracule1
Desalvo55 found bliss with a woman from the Ukraine who appreciates sound quality and loves music. Any observations or comments as to whether non Anglo American women are more inclined to appreciate sound quality and would prefer music to be an integral part of their lives, instead of watching a lot of Orange County Housewives and How to Marry a Millionaire type of TV shows.
Finding mysterious "woman from the Ukraine who appreciates sound quality and loves music" is a chance one in a million. More practical solution for all you young audiophiles might be to marry a man (not that there is anything wrong with that).
That's funny.:o) I think we should add "mysterious woman from the Ukraine who appreciates sound quality, loves music and is not looking for that golden oppurtunity to be a US citizen and not leave said new hubby, taking HALF of his possesions" :o)Which may or may not include those sexy speakers that made her fall in love oops LUST with said hubby in the first place....
Hi Jazzybs - hmmm not easy, try hanging out at concerts or live music events and you will have a better avenue to meet women who appreciate music (not to be confused with giving the green light in spending 25K on Boulder Monoblocks and 25K Wilson's). I met my wife at what is called "First Friday" each month where they close down a block downtown and have some hard jazz groups perform - draws a pretty big crowd.
In my case it was a plus when she listened to the system with her favorite artists...
but to be honest I had bunch of other priorities I was looking for in a girl then one "liking" my stereo.
No, but if you send me $19.95 in three easy payments, I'll send you a product guaranteed to turn your 6 1/2" woofer into at least an 8" woofer, if not 10". Then you'll be the audiophile apple of all the ladies eyes....