Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Yes!  I'm using Rowland's best: PSU, DAC & Corus Pre with an enhanced Spectron Class D Musician II Signature amp.  Bybee iQSE V2s for atmosphere treatment and PPT everywhere else.  SR power cables and conditioners, Analysis Plus best interconnects and loudspeaker cables... The 7.2's are so incredibly coherent, transparent, tonally spot on and just plain signing!  Happy listening!
Asturias - I am spitballing for thoughts on cs5i vs cs7. Never heard direct comparison. 5i has older drivers, but with similar motor technologies to 7s. 5 has no coax, so vertical loving is greater. Baffles are similar tech, but 7s are thicker and quieter. 5 has big bucket brigade delays on mid ranges. I haven’t seen 7 schematic, so don’t know its timing mechanism. Generally newer models are superior to older. I imagine the 7 specs better.
BUT the 7 has a sealed bass to under 20 Hz which I know to be glorious IF you can drive it. I consider the 5 as a prime upgrade candidate due to direct upgrades with clear advantages. Physical time alignment is low hanging fruit and biamp capability lessens impedance stress.
jeffvegas

Welcome! Good to see you here. Keep us posted if you decide to purchase a pair of Thiel loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!
Maybe if Tom could help with this.  

I was wondering how the baffle of the Thiel speakers are manufactured?  The curved baffle geometry probably presents some difficulties.  If I were to do it by hands, I probably would use a combination of a planar and chisel and probably would take me a few weekends, but I assume that would probably be too time consuming and would cost a lot of time and money as well in actual production.

I suppose if you were to mass produce something like that, you could come up with a machine that either can do the entire baffle, or most of it that will reduce most of the manual labor.