Cat jumped on turntable

OK, I know the obvious response about this but moving past ditching the cat . . . I was playing my VPI Scout 'table with a Dynavector Karat cartridge when the cat (Jack) leaped onto the 'table.  The tone arm slide across the record and the platter stopped.  After addressing the situation, I didn't see any obvious problems (but I have an untrained eye) and dropped the needle.  The tone arm immediately slide across the record to the center.  Upon reflection, it seemed like the tone arm was light since it moved pretty effortlessly.  Before taking it, I thought I would solicit some thoughts here.
scarlson
Sounds like Jack is a candidate for the Pet Shaming List...

"I torched the stylus on my owner's turntable.
Now I have to yowl in key or Else." :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SAMBlZEi40
Prudent to keep animals, children, and cleaning persons out of the listening room.
+1  Prudent to keep animals, children, and cleaning persons out of the listening room.

While I wasn't looking, my three year old granddaughter grabbed my tone arm and dragged it across a record.  I never did find the stylus :-).  

My cleaning crew is not allowed in my listening.  
@scarlson...………………….

You could check with Andy at the Needle Clinic.  His turn around time is a week and I am a very satisfied customer.