Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
Len pal I am fast catching up on you there , I now get my daughter to tune in and program the video from the remote as I am sure having difficulty now .
I've always turned to Karajan for Sibelius 5, but I'm really liking the Simon Rattle version, which I have on a disc paired with 7.  A real winner.
@jim204 your excellent PS Audio Direct Stream DAC buffers and then reclocks the digital data. Any jitter earlier in the stream will not make any difference.
@phomchick Again I'm afraid I have to disagree with you because
 the direct Steam DAC still suffers from the Garbage in Garbage out principal. As an example my friend suffered from the principal   that it did not matter what the digital source was you could not get better quality by giving it a better source and bits was bits syndrome. I told him to come down with his digital gear( a laptop and a desktop ) and we would play his gear against mine. We agreed to stream a piece and play also from a hard drive. As I had thought his laptop put up a  dull uninvolving sound and his desktop was a little better. I then played my laptop and he was saying a see I told you so with his eyes . I then connected up my PC and it was a different ball game completely, my machine demonstrated much better dynamics and far more detail to the files. Now we were both musicians and we know how instruments sound and he was in complete agreement that my source sounded so much better.