$27,500 for whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

$27,500 is a nice chunk of change, even in the audiophile world.  I think we can all agree on this.  You can get a pretty kick ass system for that amount.  I think we can all agree on this, too.  I just read something at stereophile.com that almost...almost made me choke on my triscuit.   Luckily for me, I had water ready to go, knowing how dry those things are.  $27,500 is the price for a paint upgrade, a color called cranberry pearl finish on a pair of speakers made by Wilson, the Chronosonic XVX.   Now, when we hear the name Wilson, we all know what that means.   But come on man,  $27,500 for a paint upgrade. 
shtinkydog
You were upset I said Wilson is just a greedy bespoke audio company and went on about Walmart suppliers not making a living wage so I asked if you support Walmart.  What is so hard to understand?   If you think those ugly Wilson’s are worth upwards of 750K then good for you.
stereo5
You were upset I said Wilson is just a greedy bespoke audio company ...
No, I wasn’t upset at all, and it’s not at all clear what would lead you to that conclusion. (Virtually nothing in this forum upsets me, btw.)
... and went on about Walmart suppliers not making a living wage
I have made no such comment here at all. None. Ever. This is just pure fiction on your part. And I still don't know why you would care whether anyone here shops at Walmart, or not. Why would it make any difference to you at all?
@yyzsantabarbara  
"When the Wilson rep was demoing the $200K whatever it was called with D'Agasinto (sp?) mono blocks (Dan as in the room). I thought the prices for the gear was a little insane for what I was hearing. It was really good with large scale but it was not the best thing I have heard.

The most uncomfortable part was when I was speaking with the Wilson rep (some VP) and my wife comes over to us and says to the Wilson rep, "Why are those speakers so ugly, they look like Darth Vadar". That comment did not go over too well."

Good for her - I wish I had the nerve to make such comments when confronted by audio monstrosities. Ever encouraging of those brave souls who venture into the manufacturing side of things I just tend to find something/anything positive to say and then quickly move away.

However, that being said I have no problem with mentioning here that even as a fan of some of the more elegant Wilson designs (Sasha/Sabrina) there's no question that Wilson Audio sell some appallingly ugly loudspeakers. 

I guess that as long the money keeps rolling in Daryl will keep churning them out. And why not? 

Just as long as they don't screw up the more elegant models. Looks do still  matter - as all but the out of touch insanely rich know.

cd318
... there's no question that Wilson Audio sell some appallingly ugly loudspeaker ...
Opinion stated as fact. Whether a speaker system is "appallingly ugly" or not is purely subjective.

A friend of mine likes to say "taste is not something to be discussed".

He usually follows it with "but the lack of taste should be addressed".

(if anyone is keeping tabs, another vote for Wilson speakers not being overly pretty but redeeming quality is being able to pick the finish, even yellow one)