What speaker for being close to rear wall?

I'm looking for a speaker that would excel, not just tolerate, being near the rear wall. It needs to be within 12 inches. Don't worry about cost. Also I recently tried Audio Notes so you can leave those off the suggestion list.I don't have symmetrical defined corners. :(

Thanks!

Mike
mmike84
Linn Majik 109 work great close to rear wall.

Stereophile Review:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/linn-majik-109-loudspeaker

According to the reviewer:
"Another unusual aspect of the 109 is that the 2K array is mounted on a dedicated cast-alloy chassis directly in front of the front-firing reflex port. The impetus for this design came from Linn Japan, which was pressing for a bookshelf model diminutive enough to easily fit into a small Tokyo apartment. As a result, Linn chose a front-firing port to enable the speakers to function properly when placed flush against a wall. In fact, in addition to dedicated stands (available in black or silver), these speakers are available with optional Linn Brakits for wall mounting."
The rear wall would apply from the speaker's standpoint. I know many refer to that wall from the listener's standpoint hence the description of "front wall". At least we're all clear on that now!
Mmike,

My favorite comment on this debate came from a 'goner who asked:

"If the wall behind the speaker is the "rear wall", does that make the opposite wall behind the listener the "front wall"?

Just a funny observation borrowed from a fellow contributor.

Marty

Marty
Audiokinesis Jazz Modules have an adjustable rear port and can even be used as a sealed box if necessary. I have found them to be very flexible as to room placement.
Clio09- I heard those, and I think highly of Duke. He has a new design that is made to sit right up against the wall and the drivers are at a 45 degree angle. That is exactly the type of solution I'm trying to find.

Does anyone have experience with the new JBL designs (Array, K2) and how they react to near wall placement?