SACD or not

I have a question regarding SACD format. I am looking to replace my CD player and noticed some CD players have the ability to process SACD and some do not.  I have never heard this format and was wondering if I should consider this in my purchase. My purchase price is in the $1400 range
I know people will question why I am using CD at all. That is another discussion for another time. I still like some physical media in my listening experience. 
I look forward to your comments 
schmitty1
I just listed a Marantz SA-11S1 on Audiomart.  Had the S2 and sold it awhile back.  Great players and I say that owning 2 Marantz and plenty of other CD players.   
All the great and informative posts.

When it comes to buying used, remember that all these CD/SACD drives may fail after a certain number of hours played. Of course, anything can fail, but drives are a weak spot here.

If thinking of buying used, take a peek at SONY SCD-XA5400ES. It is a bit old and it still holds the price unusually high, but it may be for a reason. I have never compared it to any of the players mentioned in earlier posts, but it is a good one. There is one on US Audio Mart right now for $1100. (I am not affiliated with the seller in any way, just noticed the ad.)
Another vote for Marantz, I own the SA-KI Ruby SACD player for 2 channel and the UD7006 for HT/SACD multi-channel and DVD-Audio, I couldn't be happier.  
If you are interested in classical on SACD, jump right in. If not, do some research before you buy a player.

SACDs are more expensive than cds or hi-res streaming. You’re going to pay at least $20 for each SACD, most are $30 and up, and $50 and up for Japanese and out-of-print SACDs.

Selection is pretty limited. Mofi and AP put out a handful of SACDs a year and often those are delayed for a year to several years after an original release date is set. 

At this point, I recommend paying a few hundred dollars for a streamer and $15 to $20 a month for all the hi-res files you can stream or get a really good CD player and lots of currently very cheap CDs. You’ll have a much greater selection and sound that is as good as or better than SACD in many cases.