Ohm Walsh Talls and amplification

Ok, I am perplexed and I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. I am interested in getting a pair of Ohm Tall speakers. Initially (based off from Steve Guttenberg's and Zeos' reviews) i assumed that the 2000s were the ones for me. I don't see where Zeos' or Steve's rooms are any bigger than mine but, I measure the square footage of my room last night and it's only 353 square feet! Zeos himself even said that the 1000s were the correct size for his room, but he just wanted to go bigger. So, my first question is: Can you use a bigger Ohm Tall than what your room requires (as Zeos does)? Also, these speakers seem to love power. Steve drove his with a Mytek amp and a big Pass Labs amp. I cannot afford  Pass Labs and, the Mytek...well, I *could* maybe swing that but, Zeos uses a pair of Crown amps that are not made for audio but for DJs and live entertainers, etc. Obviously, he's very happy with the results. I finally did call John Strohbeen and he confirmed that the Talls love power... he suggested Mytek, Peachtree, certain NAD models, and Emotiva as affordable amps that have good results. I then asked him about Zeos using the Crown amps and he said, "Yeah, that's another way to go that's very affordable." I asked him if the sound was good and he said, "Yeah, it sounds good. In fact, we used something like Crown that here in our factory for quite a while." So, my second question is: what success have you had in the way of amplification with your Ohm Talls? 
128x128redstarwraith
Ah, okay. Cubic feet makes sense! Turns out my guesstimation was not far off the mark: 2824 cubic feet puts me in the 2000 Tall category (or 3000s if I wanted). 
Class D amps are generally not good current sources. They tend to have minimal headroom and weak power supplies. This is why a 200 watt/ch AB MOSFET amp will usually sound more powerful than a 400watt/ch class D amp. 

Some will contend otherwise but that has been my experience. Certainly there are exceptions out there but probably not in any class D amp that's been around for more than a few years. That tech has only recently begun to sound decent. 

I'd look at the power supply of the amp first and foremost. Investigate whether it has a large transformer and large filter caps? (look for something at least 20K microfarads/channel).

The Parasound Hint6 is a high-current amp and can drive almost anything. I'm told Naim amps are as well. 

I hear what you're saying, Helomech. The thing is, John Strohbeen himself recommended a handful of class D amps for pairing with his speakers. 
That said, I have heard good things about the Hint6. I'll look into that. 
Post removed 
Switching power supplies for Class D amps can be very compact circuit boards and need not be big and bulky like traditional amps.

A good exsmple is BelCanto ref1000m amps that are the bomb with my Ohm Walsh speakers. They deliver up to 45 amps peak current.

In general if the amps specs indicate doubling or near doubliing of power from 8 to 4 ohms that  is a good indicator in lieu of specific current delivery specs.