Can the Harbeth 40.1's boggie ?????

I am not looking for ear shattering volume - but everything I have read ( and no, where I live I cannot listen to them )but I am considering them. But, can they play some rock and roll and get out of their own way ???? Reviewers and owners have noted that they sound great at low volume levels - and they have an '' organic natural sound '' - that's great but can they play Lynard Skynard, some Allman Brothers and god forbid some Grateful Dead that well - like they advertise -sounds like real music ??? I also listen to Eva Cassidy, The Eagles, Jackson Browne, Pat Methany, JJ Cale and most of all The Beatles ....and why do see so many of them for sale ??? Ummmmm.....
garebear
The tragedy of Macbeth...oops, that should spell Harbeth.

For those who have not listened to any Harbeth, I would recommend trying the C7ES3 before jumping to the big 40.1s. Depending on the type of music that is played, the smaller models (P3ESR, C7ES3 & SHL5) are somewhat more open, dynamic and less sluggish than the 40.1s owing much to the smaller cabinet and the absence of the additional 12" bass driver in the 40.1s. Of course they don't go down low in the bass frequencies but communicate the message in music in a more convincing manner -IMHO of course.

It can also be due to the room as the 40.1s are more difficult to work with. Nevertheless, in the context of this thread I guess the 40.1s are just not for Garebear.
-
I have had the speakers for awhile now, and am very pleased with them.
My system now is:
Basis Debut with Graham Phantom and Clearaudio Goldring
Pass XP-25
Pass XP-20
Pass XA-60.5
Harbeth 40.1
This is the most uncolored and clear system I have ever heard.
It is just wonderful.
I think I am finally done - except a synchro-wave power supply for the TT...
I will say that room acoustics are very important. If you ignore this nothing will work optimally.
-
Fujindemon - thanks but I live in home - ATC's are not real living room friendly -
-
What do you mean by boogie??
Do you want club sound? There is an EQ setting on the iPod that does this.
I don't want bloat, myself.
ATC's active can be EQ'd anyway you like it. They take an analog signal, convert it into the digital domain, and then do there EQ stuff there, and then back to analog again. That's a lot of processing, but there you have it if that's what you want. I'm not sure of the fidelity but it will be boogie!
-