New Omega E Mat from Perfect Path Technologies

Many of you own or have read of the highly-regarded PPT Omega E Mat, one of Tim Mrock’s revolutionary signal-enhancing accessories. Just prior to his untimely passing, Tim had finished developing a new generation of his Omega mat, soon to be available. Krissy Mrock has asked a few of us to introduce this new mat, here given the working title of The Double Omega.

In distinguishing the Double Omega, we know the original Omega, herein called the single, as a 7.5” by 10”, rather heavy and somewhat pliable mat, a bit more than 1/8” thick and with a vinyl-like feel. One face is glossy white, displaying the PPT logo and Omega name, while the other is black, smooth and magnetized. Sandwiched between these faces is the active material that causes components to reject the EMI that saturates everything in our surroundings. The Double Omega is much the same, with one important difference: the magnetized face has the finely-textured feel of around, say, 220-grit sandpaper. This texture, it is presumed, comprises yet a second active layer of EMI rejection. Presumed—because working details of the Double Omega are not well understood—better yet to know how to apply it.

With the understanding that the single Omega E mats generate field effects from both faces, mats have typically been placed under and over components and vertically over circuit breakers. How you apply the Double Omega will depend on best use and experimentation. In my case, I have removed two single mats, lying side-by-side, from the top of my large Wadia CDP and have replaced those with two Double Omegas. The Wadia is a one-box player that contains a pre-amp, so I wanted that second, strong field effect exerting downward as well as upward. I also have several singles placed underneath, just as before. Going straight to amps, this player is my only source, so I want it fully protected from EMI. Your priorities will differ.

As of this writing, I am only thirty-hours in on placing these Double Omegas, and I can already tell you they are powerful in their prevention of EMI within my digital source. Yet another veil has been lifted—all instruments and voices are even more sorted out in the aural space with new information heard within that space. There is much more decay heard against a new silence behind and between the musicians. I am already so pleased and excited about what the Double Omega E mats are doing. As Krissy told me, Tim was really stoked to have these new mats available. Rather than wait for the the fourteen-day window of improvement, I want to get this intro out so others can relay their experiences sooner.

128x128jafreeman
I have only used 3 RCA Stopits, 3 AC Stopits and mounted one ecard inside my amp. The sound is way more transparent, faster, cleaner, lower noise, more dynamic, etc. No warm slushly sound here......the first word that comes to mind is "Vivid". It is like going from 16/44 to 24/192....it is faster, cleaner, more space, more air, way more information. It’s like you can hear what brand the strings are....you hear the strings individually.....like you are closer to the instrument....yet the perspective does not change....except for the bigger stage and more space, air and delicacy. I am so excited I decided to be a dealer. I will have info on my website soon with big pictures and a lot more info than is on the PPT site. I have played with tweaks since the mid 70s....I have never heard anything that makes this much difference for so little (I have $150 of PPT in my system). I want more....I want more....I want more. I have 4 more cards to try and then the mats, etc. I really cannot use the contact enhancer as my whole system is hardwired except for a couple of IEC connectors and one xlr connector (which I need to plug and uplug all the time). If you want to hear more......and more real info......if you want to get even more involved in the music......this seems like the fastest, easiest and most inexpensive way to do it.

My friend Mas has been going over to Frank’s (Oregon Papa) place since he started with the PPT stuff. He told me that the system sounded like a good stereo when he first went over. Now, after ALL the PPT stuff, he says it sounds like one of those $200K systems at a show playing master tapes!!!!! I don’t think Frank changed any thing else in his system in the last year....maybe he can chime in here. I trust Mas’s hearing as we have heard the same thing with all the shared tweaks and mods over the years. Now that I have tasted PPT, there is no denying its positive effects.

Mas now has the whole enchilada of PPT (just ordered some emat+ to try) and is over the moon with the results.  His 60 inch plasma has the best pic ever and both his systems are in another world.  He even stuck some ecards on top of his tweeter and midrange on his main system with good results (he has large open back Beryllium compression driver mounted on 24 inch waveguide and AMT above it doing 10K plus).
ricevs ...

Thanks for the kind words. The only thing that's changed over the time that Mas has been coming over has been with the PPT products and the SR Orange fuses. 

Mas has been along for most of the journey. I had used some "Total Contact" paste on all of the connections, and in a few other places, before we first met and that's about it. So, over time, Mas has heard the effects, incrementally, as each new PPT product was introduced to the system.  

I can hardly wait for Mas to come over for another listening session to hear what the two new Omega + E-Mats that I put into the circuit breaker box is doing. 

Frank

oregonpapa
..."
Only The Shadow knows ... :-) "

Frank...do you know if the materials mentioned are used? If so,they are very cheap to come by... 
+1 ricevs. Your post speaks volumes to me, as I consider you a master tweaker.
aolmrd1241 ...

• "Frank...do you know if the materials mentioned are used? If so,they are very cheap to come by."..

"Shungite and crystal-based products?"

No, these are not anywhere in the products that I’m aware of. I’m not familiar with "shungite" ... but I can say that Tim never mentioned either of these materials in our conversations. He did tell me that the materials he uses are expensive and the best available.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During last night’s listening session, it occurred to me that by the judicious use of these products, and other tweaks performed to the system, I am no longer evaluating "sound." I’m simply enjoying the performance unfolding before me. I believe that should be the ultimate goal in this hobby ... enjoying the performance, instead of worrying about how things sound.

I put on an excellent Japanese pressing of a CD of flamenco music. The foot-stomps were on a wooden stage about three feet high and just beyond the speakers. How does one describe the correct tonality of boots hitting wood? *lol*

Hand-claps, castanets, voices and guitars were so "there" I felt as though I could reach out and touch them.

The new mats have allowed this to happen in spades.

Frank