So many great golden era DD tables out there, what do you recommend for $1000?

Pretty much as the title says.
Have been looking for a while for a decent DD table to add to my lot.
Have bought a few lower end ones and ultimately been dissapointed.
Now I know there were/ are literally hundreds of choices from the Japanese Golden era of DD tables.
Looking for suggestions from actual owners of solid DD tables up to about $1000 .
I have read and read but nothing substitutes for real experience.
This would likely not be my primary table, my Garrard 401 has that position for now.

Thank you.
128x128uberwaltz
Dear @hagtech  :  Unfortunatelly nothing is perfect in audio and as you pointed out DD has its own trade-offs as BD units too.

We can found out really good quality performances with DD and with BD TTs.

Our choices are determinated by the choice of the best trade-offs for each one of us.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
I am past engaging in the BD vs DD vs ID debates.  I have come to agree with what Raul wrote above, and I've made my choice in favor of DD turntables (and a much modified Lenco) based on bang for the buck.  The really good BDs, to my ears, start at ~$25,000 (new).
Now for my real question: Does anyone know where I can find a video showing how to service (change the lubricant) in my DP80 bearing well?  If someone can provide a verbal description and/or some still pics to go with, that would be much appreciated.  Thanks.  If you think I should start a new thread on this topic, let me know.
I quite happily have all bases covered.
Garrard 401. Idler.
JVC QL-A7. DD.
Sony PS-LX22. BD.

Last one is cheap and cheerful but does the job in my second system.

Both the Garrard and the JVC have their plus and minus points. Hard to decide which I prefer in the main rig do just going to leave both ready to rock!

uberwaltz "I quite happily have all bases covered. Garrard 401. Idler. JVC QL-A7. DD. Sony PS-LX22. BD."

If you really had "all bases covered" you would not need three turntables.
Obviously you have both reading and compression issues.
Your comments are not warranted, wanted or desired.