So many great golden era DD tables out there, what do you recommend for $1000?

Pretty much as the title says.
Have been looking for a while for a decent DD table to add to my lot.
Have bought a few lower end ones and ultimately been dissapointed.
Now I know there were/ are literally hundreds of choices from the Japanese Golden era of DD tables.
Looking for suggestions from actual owners of solid DD tables up to about $1000 .
I have read and read but nothing substitutes for real experience.
This would likely not be my primary table, my Garrard 401 has that position for now.

Thank you.
128x128uberwaltz
I am past engaging in the BD vs DD vs ID debates.  I have come to agree with what Raul wrote above, and I've made my choice in favor of DD turntables (and a much modified Lenco) based on bang for the buck.  The really good BDs, to my ears, start at ~$25,000 (new).
Now for my real question: Does anyone know where I can find a video showing how to service (change the lubricant) in my DP80 bearing well?  If someone can provide a verbal description and/or some still pics to go with, that would be much appreciated.  Thanks.  If you think I should start a new thread on this topic, let me know.
I quite happily have all bases covered.
Garrard 401. Idler.
JVC QL-A7. DD.
Sony PS-LX22. BD.

Last one is cheap and cheerful but does the job in my second system.

Both the Garrard and the JVC have their plus and minus points. Hard to decide which I prefer in the main rig do just going to leave both ready to rock!

uberwaltz "I quite happily have all bases covered. Garrard 401. Idler. JVC QL-A7. DD. Sony PS-LX22. BD."

If you really had "all bases covered" you would not need three turntables.
Obviously you have both reading and compression issues.
Your comments are not warranted, wanted or desired.
If you really had "all bases covered" you would not need three turntables.
I currently have 6 turntables (5 in use). I’m clearly off base! Then again, I have 4 complete systems. I rarely use the turntables in two of them, but am glad they are there when I want to listen to them. One I use mainly for play grading my records when I put them on Discogs. I’ve been slowly doing that just so that I have an inventory of them.

The two currently in my main system are both direct drive turntables - a JVC QL-Y66F and a Technics SL1200 MKII. I have the JVC set up with a nice cartridge for my pristine records and the Technics has a Shure V15 Type IV with a JICO SAS stylus for my less than perfect records.

The one in my bedroom is an old Realistic Lab 400 DD table.  It has an auto shutoff feature so I can put on some music and not worry about falling asleep and having the stylus in the runout groove all night.