Daedalus Ulysses

I would like to hear comments from past or present owners or those familiar with Daedalus Ulysses speakers.
128x128falconquest
@falconquest I am on my third pair of Daedalus Audio speakers, having started with the original DA-1's, then the DA-1.1s (sent back twice for upgrades) and now the Apollo's. I good friend had the Ulysses for a while before going to a Wheelfi horn system. He had them in a large dedicated room with top flight equipment. My experience with the Ulysses mirrors Al's. I loved them. Compared to my DA-1.1s they provided more specific, yet holographic imaging. I am not a fan of the stands which are typically used to elevate the Ulysses to the appropriate listening height. Though attractive and designed to match the speakers, I'm not a fan of putting tall, relatively narrow towers on top of small narrow boxes. Maybe because I have a young child, but even without kids if I owned them I would be constantly worried about someone knocking them off the stands. Not sure if you are looking at purchasing a used pair or new but Lou has made some significant upgrades with his Apollo series and he is using a new tweeter throughout his entire range that is significantly more extended than the model it replaces. So, while Al correctly (IMHO) describes his Ulysses sound as slightly rolled off on top the same cannot be said for models with the new tweeter, which is MUCH more extended, detailed and yet equally non-fatiguing. If you are seriously considering Daedalus I would reach out to Lou and see what model he recommends at your price point. You can also PM me or post that information here and I'm sure myself and others would be happy to make a recommendation.
Well, I have to be real here. I'm sure the Apollo is a wonderful speaker but spending $23,000 for a pair is not possible for me. What I would be concerned with is the ability of the Ulysses to produce the tonally accurate, crisp and articulate sound of a cymbal played delicately. I want to be able to discern one cymbal timbre from another. Can they do that?
I have the model below the Ulysses , the Argos V2s . I haven't found anything "plastic sounding" about the bass , and , as Al characterized the Ulysses, the Argos are also a very balanced speaker. As far as the sensitivity, I drive the Argos with ease with either of these 3 which I rotate in and out every 3 weeks simply of the sound difference (room 28X20X10)

Line Magnetic 518 IA 22 wpc 845 tube based integratedFinale Audio 7189 MK2 22wpc EL84/7189 tube based integratedModwright LS100 pre & KWA100SE power (125wpc)

I just spent 30 minutes typing a post which disappeared when I tried to post it.  Grrrr!!  I will try again later.
Ha! Sorry for that, give me the cliffs notes version if you can. Thanks salectric!