Please Make Audiogon Cool

I think that there are a lot of experienced and interesting people on this site. Some in retail, some in manufacturing, and probably some really cool artists, scientists and engineers of all sorts of backgrounds.

I want to encourage those of you with something to say, a point of view, a helpful idea to post.

Without this type of interaction, Audiogon becomes just a shopping support group. If you care about the Audiogon community and would like to see it go in a particular direction, then please contribute in the way you feel most comfortable and engaging.

Thanks!

Erik
erik_squires
Post removed 
Hello Elizabeth,

Normally, you're correct. But I'm what the psychiatrists have, over the past two centuries, variously termed in the major scientific journals technically as Naturally Cool, Innately Cool, Thoroughly Cool, Cool to the Core, Cool to the Bone and Cool As A Motha'.  
    The identifying characteristics of these individuals are  a coolness that is genuine, effortless, interesting, exciting, utilitarian, substantial,deeply thoughtful, very satisfying and just obviously spectacular examples of coolness.  These individuals are without a hint of trendiness, pretension or superficial flash and would never, under any conceivable circumstances, be considered uncool.
     No conundrum, just me being me with natural freedom.

Tim
@noble100  hey man, as a 31 year old LA native, I feel as though I am in a particularly "cool" enough demographic to assert that you are, as the great Andre 3000 once exclaimed, "What's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD!" 

You're one Ice Cold brotha.
So please, spit anotha verse
No need to rehearse
This thread can't get worse

Now if someone could tell me how to pull up the emoji keyboard on a macbook via the chrome browser, I think I'd be one step closer to being 'Audiogon Cool' 

Haha +1 to cool audio forums and those contributing to this underground culture

Best,
Evan

Hello Evan,

Being an LA native, it’s understandable that you’re not hep to the current coolness matrix well known in the rest of the world.
     LA residents, especially natives, are referred to as "precool", as in pretend and pretentious cool. Midwest residents, especially natives, are referred to as "gen cool", "bone cool" or "deal cool", as in genuine cool, cool to the bone and the real deal cool.
     It’s based on the theory that Midwesterners are formed into a natural and genuine hardness and coolness by the pressure of their life experiences and stressful situations demanding a cool courage.
     Alternatively, the theory states LA residents are formed into a fragile insecure façade or shell of coolness, also known as "Hollywood cool", "acting class cool" and "cupcake cool", by the lack of their life experiences and stressful situations that demand close to nothing along with the only character building force identified as being a heathy dose of peer pressure. 
     It’s analogous to enormous internal earth pressures creating diamonds and a soft squeeze of a soft tube creating paste.
Sorry to break all this to you, Evan, I thought everyone knew this.

Tim

Good day Timothy,

So I see; you're the best! 
Of the crumbs left back mid-west.
Your people all flocked here
Thought they'd act as their career.
Blowing money on tickets; go see Carlos Santana;
Hollywood Bowl population: more than Indiana.
Now we're stuck with your lames,
Constantly asking, "Spare change?"
So you're calling me 'Hollywood cool'?
Naw fu*k that! North Hollywood, foo!
I'll tell you this first so listen to me
I don't eat cupcakes, unless they're gluten-free
Wash it down with a smoothie, blended fruit, acai! 
Self-proclaimed 'Cool' like you stock it in excess
No wait, you do that for work: stock room, Parts-Express!

Tell Cleveland that they can have Drew Carey back, soon as he pays off all his debt. 

Hope you have a wonderful fall afternoon!
Evan