Please Make Audiogon Cool

I think that there are a lot of experienced and interesting people on this site. Some in retail, some in manufacturing, and probably some really cool artists, scientists and engineers of all sorts of backgrounds.

I want to encourage those of you with something to say, a point of view, a helpful idea to post.

Without this type of interaction, Audiogon becomes just a shopping support group. If you care about the Audiogon community and would like to see it go in a particular direction, then please contribute in the way you feel most comfortable and engaging.

Thanks!

Erik
erik_squires

Showing 11 responses by noble100

Come' on roberttcan, lighten up!
      I was just messin with George in a well considered and, I thought, in an obviously good natured and satirical manner.  I think there's a strong kinship between Americans and our Australian brothers and sisters.
      Of course I know Australia is considered by most people, including myself, as a western style country culturally, economically and politically.  I actually love, respect and enjoy Australia and the many Australians I consider friends.
     Sure, the men are probably overly affectionate toward their sheep and other farm animals and the women are obsessed and very promiscuous with Americans. However, when it comes to messing and joking around, I can assure you they can take it as well as they give it.  Can you?

Tim 
Hello Erik and millercarbon,

You're right, millercarbon did respond very quickly.  Let's explore this for deeper significance, shall we?

I know you're both interested in audio and listening to music that is well reproduced in a home environment.  I'm already picturing you two cuddled up together on a plush loveseat underneath a blanket on a snowy and blustery winter's evening, sharing a bottle of wine, with a toasty fire crackling away in the fireplace and listening to "Do You Like Pina Coladas?" on your spectacular sound system that you both created together with an overabundance of love.

Wait a minute, is the true purpose of Audiogon a Dating Service?  At least you two lovebirds will always have an adorable meeting story to tell your grand kids.

Oh yeah, I'm sorry but I'm not going to make your wedding once you two agree on a date, but I will be sending a gift.

Good luck you two,
Tim 

Speaking of cool, I understand most of you are curious about just how Cool I actually am. Completely understandable but it's difficult for me to elaborate on this since it's just my constant condition.  
     Truth is I don't try to be Cool. I don't think about being Cool or even what Cool is.  I just get up early every day, do my stuff and it's everyone I interact with and those observing who describe me as Cool. 
     All day, every day and all night, every night, I ain't nothin but Cool and I'm not even tryin.  Like how I just dropped those two gs and made that last part of the sentence kinda rhyme.  All ya all probably thought that was kinda Hep but that was just me naturally spewing syllables step by step.  See what I mean? Oh come'on, you even think it's cool I didn't add the 'jelly bean'?  Cut it out!

People say I'm Vincent Vega Cool but without all that blood drippin.
     Sisters say I was a Cool pup just doing my bawlin and crawlin.
     Erik asks how we're going to make Audiogon Cool.
     Obviously not with lame poems from this old Fool. 

Just having some fun acting the Fool,
          Tim
Okay, maybe a bit touched.

I think we should take it easy on georgehifi.  He lives in Australia, he's constantly wrong, his wife's a kangaroo and he doesn't use a class D amp.  The only things he has going for him are being angry and having ulterior motives.

Love you George,
      Tim
    XOX
glupson to clearthink: "There is a possibility that noble100 also lives in Australia."

Hello glupson and clearthink,
      Lighten up clearthink and be cool like glupson. 
      I actually live in Indiana but love Australia and, for the most part, Australians. I consider Australia and the U.S. as countries with a kindred spirit and am very aware that Australia is considered a Western country culturally, economically and politically as well as a close ally to us militarily. 
     I was just messing with George and can assure you both that Australians can take a bit of messing with them as well as dishing out a good dose of some good-natured messing in return.

G-Day mates,
Tim
Hello enliten,

While I believe you have a good point about a bit of 'social media techno-isolation' going on here, I believe there's also a bit of real human interaction going on around here even though it's undoubtedly taking place within the virtual environment of an audio blog.  A modern version of the older, more traditional method of honestly communicating our thoughts to each other via letters, quill, parchment and the beloved snail mail network?  

I perceive it as a bit of real human interaction but neither the modern audio forum nor the old letter exchanges were, or ever will be, an ideal substitution for the real human interaction of a face to face personal conversation with another of our species.

Tim
Hello phd,

Well said. I don't know about you, but I've grown rather fond of the humans.  It's a shame they may all be extinct soon.  Interesting species; they're obviously not too bright and lack a long-term perspective but they also mostly seem to mean well.  

Tim from Planet Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I'm cool as ice but still wanna be nice
     Being nice is just part of being cool
     The alternative to nice is being a tool
     Being a tool is the exact opposite of cool
     I'm gonna round 'em up and move 'em on out
     Spewin this Ode to Cool in a rhythmic shout out.

You're welcome and no charge,
      Tim
Hello Elizabeth,

Normally, you're correct. But I'm what the psychiatrists have, over the past two centuries, variously termed in the major scientific journals technically as Naturally Cool, Innately Cool, Thoroughly Cool, Cool to the Core, Cool to the Bone and Cool As A Motha'.  
    The identifying characteristics of these individuals are  a coolness that is genuine, effortless, interesting, exciting, utilitarian, substantial,deeply thoughtful, very satisfying and just obviously spectacular examples of coolness.  These individuals are without a hint of trendiness, pretension or superficial flash and would never, under any conceivable circumstances, be considered uncool.
     No conundrum, just me being me with natural freedom.

Tim
Hello Evan,

Being an LA native, it’s understandable that you’re not hep to the current coolness matrix well known in the rest of the world.
     LA residents, especially natives, are referred to as "precool", as in pretend and pretentious cool. Midwest residents, especially natives, are referred to as "gen cool", "bone cool" or "deal cool", as in genuine cool, cool to the bone and the real deal cool.
     It’s based on the theory that Midwesterners are formed into a natural and genuine hardness and coolness by the pressure of their life experiences and stressful situations demanding a cool courage.
     Alternatively, the theory states LA residents are formed into a fragile insecure façade or shell of coolness, also known as "Hollywood cool", "acting class cool" and "cupcake cool", by the lack of their life experiences and stressful situations that demand close to nothing along with the only character building force identified as being a heathy dose of peer pressure. 
     It’s analogous to enormous internal earth pressures creating diamonds and a soft squeeze of a soft tube creating paste.
Sorry to break all this to you, Evan, I thought everyone knew this.

Tim

Hello Evan,

I hope you can stay cupcake cool with all those fires in SoCal.
  Judging from your last post, however, I believe your pants are likely on fire.

Love you but please douse those pants,
             Timothy
            XOX