Network Switches

david_ten
https://www.sonore.us/systemoptique.html

I just looked at the link above again and read about option 4 for Fiber Optical to an audio system.

Currently, in my office, I use my electrically noisy (or busy) computer with a microRendu. I could skip buying the new optical capable network switch mentioned in my above post by doing the following:

4. Sonore opticalModule OEM/DIY - The opticalModule has an SFP fiber optic transceiver and can be installed directly into computer server.
It makes sense that this would be an option if Fiber Optical cable eliminates all electrical noise. It would not matter if the computer is electrically noisy.

BTW - my cheapo DELL audio computer is silent (but internally busy).
Someone, somewhere, at any given time will find a way to play upon your fears, doubts...paranoias at the extremes of  ones' psyche'.

Your computer wouldn't work if the bits 'n bytes weren't 'keeping in line', so to speak.  Your reading this while likely 'multitasking' on the box; consider what's silently going on for you to do this.

Discussions of this vein frequently remind me of the ancient acronym PEBKAC

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

How about a new one?

EAIEBLE

Esoteric audio issues exist between listener ears

'Fixing them' tends to cost a lot... ;)
@asvjerry I am a little slow so I am not sure I get the gist of your post. However, I will say that over the past 3+ years of using a mircoRendu while my computer did a few things such as, browser windows open to mostly static computer programming URLs (no video), maybe RDP into another computer, email, and not much else, I could not see a degradation in the sound of my audio system. My system seemed to be operating at a steady state of quality even with the computer having varying degrees of CPU/disk use. I attribute this nice steady state to the microRendu.

Now the OpticalRendu is promising to deliver what I did not even know I was missing by eliminating Ethernet noise from the equation.  That noise currently flows into my microRendu via RJ45 Ethernet cable (not computer noise).

So this is supposed to give some improvement to the sound of a network connected system. The fact that the Rendu's are all ROON READY is an added bonus.

I am not an expert in the Optical networking but the audio benefit seems easy to understand if the premise of an Fiber Optical cable not being able to transmit electrical noise is to be believed.
I recently got introduced to Rukus for access points and switches. They seem to have interesting and proprietary technology that may have benefits for audio. Just another thought.
I for one appreciate all the insightful answers and I have no need for people telling me that I my personal experiences are wrong. 

I bought, just for fun, a new Ethernet cable and much to my surprise the difference was clear. I do not understand why it is better, but I do know that it is.