NUPRIME EVOLUTION ONE-BEST CLASS D AMP ON THE MARKET

I'm not salesman, just a senior audiophile and I have decided in recent months that I'll never go back to conventional AB
amps since its prehistoric technology going back 50 tears. The subject here is currently the worlds finest Class D amp in its price range and beyond, right behind Patrik Bostroms' massive Class D Marten M amplifier. I wouldn't waste my time with Brunos' Mola Mola Kaluga, since the Nuprime technology is newer and has moved further on. The Evolution One has technology that is a first in the industry. Ten years ago, the real problem with Class D amps and today as well, is that their transistor switching modulators operate at a frequency around 300khz which is to low causing feed back problems to the upper frequency's resulting in cold hard sound from the tweeter. Brunos' Kaluga switches at 500khz which is still not good enough, resulting in the Evoultion One being the only Class D amp in the world to switch modulate at 700khz. Also, the only Class D amp on the market with an input impedance of 1 million ohms. Phew! So the issue of working with different Preamps is redundant and completely irrelevant and will work perfectly with any Preamp on the market, tube or solid state. Their switching amps are custom designed in house and are patented. For those concerned about speaker 2 ohm impedance loads read the recent review in Totally Wired where the Monitor Audio Studio's were used and are 2 ohm loads and the amps ran cool. Also, legendary circuit engineer Demian Martin from Spectral has been an ongoing consultant for the company. 

audiozen
I can no longer lift the heavy stuff.
Ok, so that is the real reason for the b***h slap against the 119lbs weight of the Technics SE-R1, and that you don’t know the reason for it’s weight
The ongoing perception in recent years that moving forward with Class D, lightweight designs is a venture we all look forward to, and Technics could’ve just as easily designed a lightweight Class D amp with GaN transistors with an excellent power supply as the Evolution One.
If you look and many of the "better" class-d’amps they have chosen to you use "heavier" "more expensive" "harder to make" linear power supplies.

Saying that, the Evolution may have a very good (for SMP) supply. One of the very best SMP’s I measured was in my Linn CD12 encased in it’s own cnc machined chamber, it performed great, but it was still not better in noise than the best linear supplies I seen and measured.

Cheers George
 George, again....I could care less regarding the topology of the Technics. If a designer can get it right resulting in outstanding performance from a light weight, well designed Class D amp, than its completely pointless to justify buying a 119 lb amp if there's no performance differences between the two. Are you a Technics dealer? 
I read reviews on Audioshark of the SE-R1 by audiophiles who attended AXPONA and other shows and they were not impressed enough to buy the piece but thought the amp sounded good but did not knock their socks off. Technics is not high end and never has been for over forty years and no way is on the same level as Spectral, Boulder, Krell, Rowland or Levinson, so don't try to sell us that the SE-R1 is up on the same loft as those great brands. If your going to invest $17K into an amp then you better make certain the performance smacks you in the head like a grand slam, if not your buying fools gold and you'll wind up selling it on Audiogon.
The best component they make is their turntable's which has been their foundation for fifty years.
   I purchased my first switching amp, the PS Audio HCA-2 before it was reviewed, while my Ayre V-1 was being upgraded. I was instantly taken by its unique presentation which was noticeably improved after installing Black Gate caps. Between in home auditioning a few other brands I upgraded my homes VAC service. I over built fully shielded uninterrupted audio and video circuits which the switchers responded so well I question any Class D reviewers AC source.  
   The NuForce 9SEs offered a substantial sonic improvement in the quickly evolving Class D. The NuForce Milpitas location was right over Hwy. 17 where I hand delivered the mono's for a minor upgrade. The staff there was very welcoming. I purchased their soon to be released speaker cables which were sonically different than the Cardas Golden Ref I was using 
   Eventually sold the the 9SEs for the Hypex nCore 400 kits which currently provide power to studio monitors. Have come full circle with Bob Carver tubes driving the mains.
   I find it interesting but not at all surprising to hear of any advancements NuPrime will have made. Nice to hear about it, thanks.