Atma-sphere Updates

As some of you know I have had a few pieces of equipment updated by the Atma-Sphere Crew. I picked them up on the used market. Otherwise, I’d never be able to afford such quality gear.  First would like to say I have never seen a company in which it’s employees take so much pride in their work.  Hats off to Ralph and everyone at Atma-Sphere. Best CS I’ve ever had with any company. And I do mean ever...
   Secondly I have had a pair of M60’s 3.0, and a pair of MA-1’s 3.1 updated to 3.3 versions. Also had Adam Hot Rod my UV-1 to the Hottest UV-1 ever built. A couple friends had MP-3’s updated to 3.3 status also. In each case of the Amps and MP-3’s they came back like a completely different piece of gear.  The updates  are such a difference it’s hard to believe it’s the same piece I dropped off.  The UV-1 was a big difference but not as dramatic. But it is a very simple bare bones circuit.  I would strongly suggest if anyone hasn’t updated to the current model 3.3 you really should. You will not be disappointed in anyway. Especially on the Amps, incredible. Also Ralph gives you a brand new 3 year warranty when you update. Pretty hard to beat that. It’s like having a new system. 
  Simply put the 3.3 update is incredible. Everything sonically is improved. Which makes for a dramatic presentation upgrade. Ralph took great pieces of gear and made them incredibly better. His 3.3 update was the biggest advancement I think he’s had in my opinion.  My MA-1’s will be my forever amps. Now I dream of owning an MP-3. 

Atma-sphere fanboy I am self admitted.... lol
128x128pstores
I want to add to the comments about Ralph and Atma-sphere.
First, my MA-1 amps are a daily joy. There is indeed something magic to the sound, especially when the rest of the system is tuned to the amps. And the system tuned to the room. I cannot say exactly what it is, but the MA-1s add a kind of inner light to the music, very addictive. I have v3.2. Maybe 3.3 would sound even better.
Second, customer support from Ralph and company has been not just good, but outstanding. I always get informative and helpful answers to my mails. On issues concerning the whole system, not just the amps. Even when we don’t agree on all details (e g I think I CAN hear difference between different balanced cables) his views are always interesting and well reasoned, and usually agree with my experience.
My system was built, partly with the help of Ralph, to include Audiokinesis speakers, Aesthetix Io phono stage, Lyra Atlas on a Hanss TT-30, and an Einstein The tube mk2 preamp. Most of it my own idea. The speaker suggestion was from Ralph, and I have not regretted a single day. The amp/speaker matching is maybe the most critical part, to get the most out of the Atma amps.
I am happy to report that all the high quality firms making the products in my system - Lyra, Aesthetix, Audiokinesis, Einstein etc - have offered good support over the years. Yet Ralph is my favorite. Going far beyond "call of duty" and offering advice even though it concerns other products with no profit for Atma-sphere. This is great customer service.
It's been a long time since I posted anything on Audiogon but now feel a need to chime in.  FWIW, I've owned an S30 amp since 2001and an MP3 preamp since 2002.

Zipost; I've had no problem using a Koetsu Jade (0.2 mv) with the MP3.  Plenty of gain and no noise issues and that's with NOS tubes in the phono stage.  The MP1, I believe, has even more gain in the phono stage than the MP3 so it sounds like something is amiss. Why not give Ralph a call and get things straightened out so you can enjoy your MP1 for what it is; one of the best preamps in all of audio.

Jtgofish; I've been reading Ralph's posts forever a decade and I have never seen what you allude to.  In my personal dealings with him he has always courteous and patient and offers exceptional customer service.  I find it disturbing that when asked to provide a single example none is forthcoming.
If you can't find the offending posts then you simply have not looked very hard.Also some of the worst of these comments have been deleted by the administrators.Several others have responded to Atmasphere and cautioned him about these comments and tried to get him to conduct himself in a more reasonable and considered manner.Here is an example of one-
steakster854 posts04-04-2019 5:23am@atmasphere IMHO, from my perspective - years ago, you kind of set the gold standard for the manner in which a manufacturer participates in these discussions. Your knowledge, experience and cordiality has earned enormous respect and appreciation in our community. It would be great if certain dealers followed your example. Yet, the posts in this particular thread appear to be an outlier. Perhaps, you were responding to the OP’s question more as an avid audiophile rather than a manufacturer. This would make perfect sense. With you wearing several hats as a manufacturer, audiophile and musician, it is quite remarkable. Yet, when one manufacturer comments on a competing manufacturer’s product, there is an invisible line that needs to be respected.
And this comment- celander1,479 posts04-04-2019 3:27amRalph, you might want to review all of your posts here besides the first one.
And this one- rsf507528 posts04-04-2019 1:28amAgree with @steakster have always admired Ralph with his very insightful posts but I think he took this thread too far in the wrong direction.
And this one- 04-04-2019 5:21amRalph, it’s understandable to me that you really don’t see what you’re doing in this thread. It’s clear that you’re trying to broaden the OP’s view to include other products. It’s likely that the OP has single-ended connections but that’s not the point: he has stated his preferences and asked for feedback on those TWO preferences from consumers who own those products.

You have systematically attacked [xxxxxx] products out of the gates. To wit
@jtgofish ,
Please give it up.
You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.
And, given that my opinion of Ralph jibes with the majority of posts on this thread, I think whatever you post will not change any minds.
B