Considering simplifying my system... talk me down (or whatever)

I few weeks ago, I turned eighty.  I don't know how that happened to me, but it did, so I suppose I've officially entered Geezerhood.  Although I'm now ancient, I am anything but deaf.  I have been gifted with extraordinary hearing throughout my life and it continues to this day... I love music (my wife is a professional pianist), and I have enjoyed my current system for several years.

That said, I have been considering simplifying my system by selling my current line stage preamp, phono preamp, and power amplifier (Sonic Frontiers SFL-2, Sonic Frontiers SFP, and Audio Research VT-100, respectively), and replacing the three with a single integrated amp.  

To my ears, this system is extraordinary.  These pieces drive what may be among the best Klipschorns on the planet: 1972 K-horns, modified with Martinelli tractrix mid horns with TAD2001 drivers, JBL 2404 tweeters, and Al Klappenberger's extreme slope networks (20db/octave).  I'll be keeping these until I need some nursing home money (!)

The last time I visited the Klipsch factory (in Hope, Arkansas!), they were using a Cayin something-or-other in their listening room... it was glorious, I think one of those would do quite nicely for me.

Perhaps there is no logic at all to this "simplifying" idea.  I've just been thinking that sooner or later we will find ourselves in a different living situation and perhaps simpler might be better.  So, I'm leaving it  to the brain trust here to talk me down.

Have a nice weekend, y'all
128x128pinkyboy
I just turned 60 and for the first time in 30 plus years, I have no CJ tube preamp. I recently got a Luxman Class A integrated amp. I love it. It even has a nice phono preamp section. My wife can use it (and the remote).
One thing I have gleaned is that there are two kinds of high end audio companies - those who invest heavily in research and development (think Wilson Audio, Ayre, Spectral) and those who invest primarily in marketing. The latter get touted all over the internet and in magazines, the former make really, really good equipment!  I am certainly not a fan of Prima Luna, (or Magico) - If you listen, you likely will not be either.

Depends on what you mean by simplifying/downsizing.

There are plenty of integrated amps that your back doctor doesn't want you trying to pick up (or perhaps he does...).

There are plenty of separates that I can carry with one hand.

Horses for courses.

@mtdining  

Thank you for mentioning that Luxman.  It may very well wind up on my short audio bucket list!  And, after reading through this thread a second time, I may rethink a few things.  :)  IE: maybe four, large, heavy and hot black boxes full of tubes is something I really can do without after all.  :)

To OP, I'm eager to learn of your decision. Best of luck.  
@cat345....Really ? A turbo designed set of Klipschorns, replaced by the Harbeths you recommended ? You need to listen to a pair of properly set up, properly driven Khorns. However, to each his / her own. Enjoy ! MrD.
Happy Birthday!
I loath the idea of any audiophile having to downgrade his/her system. You’ve reached a point where you’re satisfied with your system. How often does that happen? Please keep your system and continue to enjoy it until your situation changes. 
A change in your situation could put you in close quarters with others who may not appreciate your music. At such time, invest in a quality set of Stax over-ear headphones; not as pleasing but still enjoyable. 
If you have a wicked sense of humour, as I like to think I do, then ... in those beautiful speakers. 
Good listening.