Are the new Ohm Walsh speakers Audiophile quality?

Considering buying the Ohm Walsh 2000 Tall but very few reviews has me questioning there quality. Any thoughts?
sixsigmaguy
So,

IMO the Ohm Walsh are truly a case of the whole being greater than the parts. It’s something I had to get over.  I had some old, pretty beat up PRO 200's I picked up used.  Every time I listened... there was so much I liked that I wondered what new ones would sound like.  Eventually I bought some 5000's

They are an excellent performing speaker for the money. I really, really like my 5000’s.

Are they built as well as my previous DynAudio Contour 60’s - no. The Dyn’s fit and finish were perfect, the components used are all top looking quality etc.

You can tell the OHM’s are built by hand, the veneers are nice looking, but the fit and finish isn’t a 10/10 (say like Salk, who is probably a 12/10). They are in the 8/10 range. If they are in stock, they ship quick. If not, it might be a bit of a wait... or even a bit longer.

When you go online and look for pictures of the drivers and tweeters, you see all sorts of variations, you can’t go based on that.

If you get inside the cans, you can tell they were handbuilt. The tweeters are good quality but not the high priced stuff, the drivers are many times paper cones (which I actually like and feel sound natural, - JBL still uses them also).

But my lord, set-up right - they perform and perform well. They sound bigger than they are, they can take oodles of power, they play cleanly. If you like that live big sound they do it.

They do detail well, they are not bright. They might not be the utmost on perfect image placement but they are good.

But they are fun to listen to. John and Evan are good to deal with also.

I agree with dep14 -- my Ohm 1000s have just an absolutely wonderful balance of characteristics that make listening to music a wonderful experience. They make it easy to focus on and enjoy the musical performance instead of the equipment.

I'll throw in my two cents on the fit and finish -- my speakers, which were delivered in September 2018, are very good. I have no complaints about the veneering, stain or finish quality. They are much better than the Ohm 200s I auditioned some 15 years ago. The finish quality of those was rather so-so. It appears that Ohm has upped their game in this department.
I am seriously considering a pair of Ohm Walsh speakers. I have seen reviews for the 2000's, which have been over the top positive. I currently use a pair of B&W 802D. Should I go with the 2000's or 3000's to be comparable?
Ohm speakers are designed by room size, the sound is supposed to be the same for all of them.  You should choose between the 2000 and 3000 based on your room size.  
I can't speak for the latest Ohm speakers, but if they are anything like the older ones, I would not hesitate to buy them. Last year I bought a pair of Ohm Walsh 2 locally for $250 from a gentlemen that bought them new in the 1980's. I never owned a pair of Ohm before, but I was blown away by their sound. In my opinion the imaging is similar to the Magnepan 1.6 or Martin Logan Aerius that I previously owned, but you are not confined to a small sweet spot and you can move anywhere in the room and they sound the same. They are great for jazz and acoustic instruments, and make them sound like they are in the room with you. Also they seem easy to drive. Of course because they are small, they don't have a lot of bass, so I would not use them for Rock music. and because they are old, I'm sure they could use a refresh (new caps etc.). But taking them just as they are, to me they are excellent speakers.