Bookshelf Speakers that have to be up against the wall

My very first posting, so be gentle. Looking to upgrade my bookshelf speakers, say to a max of 3k or so. I have an old mcintosh amp and pre. plenty of power. I now have to put my speakers against the wall and the ported ones I have now don’t ‘bloom’ now, they sound a bit muffled - they lost most of their imaging. I think because they are ported in the back also aside from being against the wall. I’d like to hear from anyone who has had that problem and recommendations from those with knowledge of solving this issue.
128x128deadhead1000
First I want to say thank you to all of you. I am going to try the cheap route first and plug them, I do have a sub, but it’s an older velodyne model right now.  I can move them a few inches from the wall and will see how that goes. I will then go the route of checking out a few of the speakers mentioned. Luckily I live near several high end Best to you all.
@deadhead1000 I had the same problem. I had to put the speakers with a rear port close to the wall and the sound was terrible. I simply put a large amount of cotton inside the ports and the speakers sound superb. Try it. It's cheap and effective. I didn't experiment with other materials and I can't think of any other material doing the same job so well done. Common cotton is great. It transforms a speaker with a rear port to a speaker with no port. I forgot to tell you that the speakers were cheap and I used them in the kitchen. Maybe this trick is not suitable for serious listening but give it a try and see for yourself. Cheers.
Guru QM 10-2 were really fun speakers. Great midrange and bass that far defies its size. Made to go against wall or in corner. One of the few speakers I regret selling. 
I have a pair of Harbeth P3ESR's in my computer room.  Due to space limitations, they are in corners, about a foot from the wall.  Wood paneling, no treatments (yet) of any kind and they sound as good or better than my main system.  Sealed design, well within your budget.  I have mine matched up to an inexpensive SVS SB12-NSD sub.  The room is about 12' X 12'
In my primary dedicated listening room, imaging was a priority.  So, yes, the speakers are well out into the room with perfect symmetry.  And the imaging is fantastic.

In a second system I don't have the ability to position speakers much off the front wall.  Enter the VSA VR-33's.  I am shocked I can get such an open sound with nice imaging with the speakers only 14" from the front wall.  As good as my main system?--no.  But a very good performance none the less from a speaker designed to work well in this situation.