Is it safe to buy from Audiogon sellers?

Dear audiophiles, 

Is it safe to buy products from audiogon sellers ( person or shop)? I don't want to receive goods contrary to the description on the audiogon web.  Unlike eBay, there seems no guarantee over here? Am I right?  Those who have plenty of buy & sell experience here, pls. kindly give me your advice, My location is fin Far East which is far from U.S.A. Tks.

faust  
faust168
Post removed 
@faust168,The first thing you need to do is check the seller's feedback. If the person has 90% or more feedback, you can (kind of) assume it as safe.
The last equipment I sold was to a guy in Hong Kong. When he initially wanted to buy, I refused to sell out of the country. So that would be your first hurdle. The guy then asked his friend to purchase the equipment on his behalf. I sent the item (within US) only after the payment was cleared. Eventually that guy contacted me a month and half later (to acknowledge) when his friend sent him the equipment from the US.But you are taking a risk buying anywhere. At least you have feedback on Audiogon that will provide you pointers whether to purchase or not. Good luck.

A crap shoot...Early last year I purchased a Rega Mira 3 on Gon and what a shock when I received it. It came up to Seattle from Long Beach
and the seller took a carton flat and slid the Rega into one end then duct taped the ends. Nothing else. Just a flat piece of cardboard. I also ordered from TMR/The Music Room a Sony SACD player and when received...Wow! The best packaging I have ever experienced in 20 years. The player did not have the original carton and the TMR carton was very thick and they wrapped the unit in a plastic sealed surround and injected liquid foam completely around the unit like a well sealed coffin. Thats as good as it gets.
First, I would say that your number one protection from being ripped off is being smart for yourself. Yes eBay has certain protections. But they are not always reasonable and your aren’t always “protected”. Here or on eBay or other major audiophile platforms it is best to keep all the communication on the platform. Also always use PayPal for some credit card info protection and what ever protection PayPal provides. Then I recommend using an American Express card and have a frequent and good relationship with Amex. As opposed to other cards, when you dispute a charge they credit back your purchase price to your account until the matter is finalized. But yes, pay attention to feedback and the communication between yourself and the other party. Look at pictures and ask questions. If things don’t seem right then walk away. As the saying goes “It is better to want what you don’t have, then to have what you don’t want.”
I've bought and sold on Audiogon, but not ebay or elsewhere. I've offered fair prices when selling and received good quality gear at fair prices when buying. I bought from dealer/resellers twice, and I was treated fairly once. I like Audiogon, and I don't expect good used gear to be cheap.