Time to buy a class D amp?

Will some new class D amplifiers outperforming the current ones appear soon

(the newest ones i know were released a  few years ago)?

Class D amps attract me as I consider them the most ecological ones with obvious non-auditionable benefits.

I have no doubts that they posses the maximum ratio performance/sound quality among the amplifiers of all classes.

At the same time, the sound quality the class D amplifiers that I have auditioned produce, although is quite good,

but not yet ideal (for my taste).

I use PS Audio Stellar S300 amp with PS audio Gain Cell pre/DAC with Thiel CS 3.6 speakers in one of my systems.

The sound is ok (deep bass, clear soundstage) but not perfect (a bit bright and somehow dry, lacking warmness which might be more or less ok for rock but not for jazz music).

I wonder if there are softer sounding class D amps with the same or better details and resolution. Considering two reasonable (as to the budget) choices for test, Red Dragon S500 and Digital Audio Company's

Cherry  2 (or Maraschino monoblocks), did anybody compare these two?

128x128niodari
they're all so noisy anybody who has had years of experience in audio file systems well tell you that class D amps are just for beginners

Noise is what the Class D amps have least of.

I suggest anyone considering a Class D amp to listen for themselves up against similarly priced gear. I've had linear and Class D amps at the same time, I've had a number of audiophiles listen to the Class D amps without knowing it. They never ever noticed.
noble100"Anyone who claims class D amps are noisy has obviously never listened to one"

This is wholly, completely, and utterly false, speculative, and prejudiced not only have some of us "listened' we have also actually "measured" using reliable, repeatable, objective measurement techniques that are recognized by engineers, scientists, and industry as fitting, proper, and appropriate but of course if you are happy with Class D you should absolutely enjoy it but you're reasoning, arguments, and suspicions are unfounded and false.
Hello clearthink,

Can you please tell us, using your reliable, repeatable and objective measurement techniques, what your results were for class A, AB, D and tube amps in the standardized specification of Signal to Noise Ratio?
     As you’re certainly aware, your Signal to Noise Ratio measurements will settle definitively our little disagreement about whether class D amps are noisy or not. Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is a measure used in science and engineering that compares the level of a desired signal to the level of background noise. The higher the ratio the less noisy the amp.
     Once you enlighten us all with your SNR measurements for each amp type, it will be obvious whether or not class D amps are noisy and which of the amp types is the quietest, in other words, which amp type has the highest measured ratio.
     Thank goodness you’ve been doing all your scientific measuring, ranking the various amp types from noisiest to quietest should be a breeze with your handy and definitive measurements.
     Oh, and just to guarantee fairness and honesty, it is stipulated that your failure to respond on this thread will be an admission that class D amps have the highest Signal to Noise Ratios of all the amp types and, therefore, can be scientifically declared as the quietest amp type.
     Sorry clearthink, I already know class D tops the list for highest SNR.  However, I have a suspicion you’ll be reluctant to freely admit this for some reason and the stipulation will at least guarantee your tacit admission of this rather well known fact.

Tim
I think Tim gave a very clear and justified response. Both, listening experience and scientific measurements prove that class D amps are the most quiet ones, not only with the highest signal to noise ratio, but also, with the highest ratio performance/price; i.e., take a class D amp and compare it with another amp of any other class with the same price, and you will have much better sound quality in class D amp, and it will be lighter, smaller and will consume much less energy than the other amp.

Other issue is the sound quality of class D amps, in absolute terms, regardless of the price and other parameters. This issue might be discutible but note that in this case you will be comparing a class D amp with an amp that costs much more. Its like  the two amps are not in the same weight category (so it would be unjustified to compete them). In this sense, class D has no completion. 
Hello niodari,

Amen, brother.  I don't believe any class D amp user or fan is claiming they absolutely are the best overall amp type, that they sound the best, reproduce a certain frequency range the best  or are the best amp for everyone. 
     Personally, I'm just claiming in absolute terms that class D amps are the quietest amp type, are the most electrically efficient amp type, are the coolest running amp type and are typically the smallest and lightest type.  In more subjective and relative terms, I personally claim that good quality class D amps offer very good overall sound quality from top to bottom, are generally and relatively more affordable than other amp types and, therefore, are generally better bargains than other amp types.
     Of course, I realize our choice of which amp to purchase is a subjective one based on more than just personal preference and budget.  The truth is I don't actually give a hoot which amp type individuals choose to purchase.  I'm absolutely certain that I get more pleasure listening to my class D amp than I would ever get from convincing anyone else to use a class D amp.
     My main intent, based on my personal experience, is usually just spreading the word that class D amps were a very good choice in my system with my inefficient Magnepan speakers.   My expectation is that some individuals will find my comments useful, some will be offended and most won't give a sh$t.

Tim