Am I the only one who doesn’t love Harbeth P3esr?

I purchased a pair of P3’s a month ago based on their
uniformly rave reviews online. I have tried them with 
3 different amps, in two different rooms, and with and without a sub, and am just not overly impressed,
using a variety of music. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I expected more OMG moments.
They certainly aren’t bad. Very detailed. But to me they sound bright which I never expected. And I just can’t get them to sound really good.
I have other speakers I gravitate to for listening sessions- KEF LS 50 and Klipsch RP 600ms.

rambo21
since they are close monitors they need to be used closer than 2.5mt. they also need to be placed very close to the back wall. not far more than 50cm. as a matter of fact they’re more like desktop speakers than bookshelf. falcon’s are a little bit forgiving on listening distance but more or less all ls3/5’s are need to be used inside 2.5mt. distance including original rogers. I listened them all (spendor, graham, rogers, harbeth, falcon) except shun mook. falcon sounds a little bit exotic but harbeth is the best among them. additionally finish is playing an important role on sound signature. I like the rosewood’s sound.
a good low powered English amplifier might help too or a Japanese el84 tube amplifier is even better.
Lots of very strong competition at their price point and they are very small compared to many so one better really take to what Harbeth tends to do uniquely I would expect.  That would be vocals, which is very important thing to do well. 
I have listened to the P3s and never found them to be bright al all. Maybe need more time for break in , or something else causing the brightness. Either way, I hope it works out for you. 
I didn’t like the LS3/5 despite all the rave reviews. Auditioned a few different version and none impressed. Thin, tiny and very small soundstage, IMO.

The only Harbeth I liked was the HL5, I think it was a Special Edition with better crossover components and wires inside.

You can audition PMC, they make very good speakers, and sounded natural to my ears.

home demoed a pair of P3-ESRs that we’re well broken in by the dealer, thinking they would be an upgrade to my Proac tablette anniversary editions.  Nope.  Driven with Primaluna EL34 tube amp, the soundstage size and depth was bigger and deeper on the proacs, as was the smoothness/warmth of female vocalists. Don’t really care about bass, so no comment from me there.  I have a small room and listed nearfield which may have something to do with it,  but just didn’t like the P3-ESRs as much at the proacs.