Broken hearted...magnepan and vandersteen

I finally got an opportunity to hear the 1.7i magnepan. I will blame my ears and taste, but I was underwhelmed. I heard them with tweeters inside and outside for comparison. outside did sound a bit better. Then I allowed them to play the vandersteen quatro ct. The speakers disappeared into the music. Deep, tall, wide soundstage with excellent imaging and air around the different instruments. Full range sound. Thankfully the trio ct sounded almost the quatros equal. I really was ready to go with magnepan. I was surprised. All other speakers are sounding inferior now. 
glfrancis2
I love mcreyn's comment .... I don't claim to be an expert on why a speaker is or isn't great, but you can't argue with success, that includes respect from the industry itself, not only music critics, which we all know, are like opinions ... you know the saying. So when I read comments that say someone, like Richard Vandersteen, is doing it "wrong", I have to wonder.

kenjit,

You should let Richard Vandersteen know that he has been doing it all wrong for the lasts 40 years and several hundred thousand pairs of speakers. Maybe you can show him how to design a proper cross-over while you are at it as well as what he is doing wrong in designing his drivers.

Maggies sound good on Pink Floyd.  May speakers separate the instruments in space much better.
To the OP: I recently bought Dynaudio Special 40's $3K they sound amazing.. Not sure where your'e located sounds like East Coast, maybe Sound Connection is the dealer??  anyway the other speakers to listen to ProAc, or Harbeth..