sellers trying to sell used product for 10-20% off of list price

I don’t get it. Almost any item here can be bought brand new from a dealer with a full warranty for 20% off - virtually any and all high end product. Some can be bought for close to 30% percent off. Sellers trying to sell year old product for 20% off are delusional, perhaps hoping for someone to naively buy it at their price but I doubt it happens. If the product isn’t in the range of 40-50% off of MSRP I'm not sure why anyone would buy it as often the warranty doesn’t transfer. Factor in sellers asking for 5-6% extra for Paypal plus shipping charges and even a 30% percent discount really is more like 15% off of list- a non starter. Am I the only one doing this math  ?  I can buy brand new at 25-30% with no extra charge for using paypal or my credit card and minimal shipping. Asking for a friend lol.
128x128cowan217
Hmm...you never heard of Harvey Electronics, Meyer Emco, Pc Richard, The Wiz, Sam Goody ? There’s another handful too...
Glupson- do you want my resume or Linkedin profile, my marriage records, bank accounts, tax statements? lol- 
Lumping all gear together is a major mistake in terms of pricing.   McIntosh discounts for new products are rare and their used gear holds its value better than the market for amps, pre amps and tube gear.

There are high end products that sell at a discount to be sure, but not all so.

The price of used gear is a good reference to the discount available for new gear.

@cowan217...……………...

"Hmm...you never heard of Harvey Electronics, Meyer Emco, Pc Richard, The Wiz, Sam Goody ? There’s another handful too."

None of these businesses had 9 stores and most were low to mid fi at best.  Keep trying...………...