Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller
I am really interested in these speakers but I feel I would be cheating on my Forte iii's if bought them. 😟

Hificrazed, I have both as you may recall from another discussion we both were involved with. 

The Fortes are overall a better speaker but the Lintons are not faulty. In fact they kept my Fortes on the bench longer than I expected. 

They are are very different. I like having options to suit my taste on a particular day-kind of like having different meals. 
I just bought a pair too, thanks to @cosmosound 

They are breaking in as we speak, but initial listening has been very enjoyable.  My other speakers are Spendor A4s, which will be hard to beat.  They do not sound similar whatsoever right now, but the Lintons still need some time, I know.

One question though for owners - Is there a specific right/left speaker?  I don't see anything labeled, or in the manual.  Usually this wouldn't even come up, as most speakers are not L/R specific, but the Linton's tweeters are not centered.

Right now I have the speakers positioned that each tweeter is a bit to the far right/left (outside).  Should they be inside? Does it matter?  I could always just swap them and decide which I prefer too...!

Similar to a number of the old ProAc models, with off-centered tweeters.

If they're close-ish to side walls, "inside" would be recommendable.

If plenty of space, "outside" will probably give a wider soundstage.

Really, more room to experiment (or obsess). Depends on room size, room acoustics, listening position, practical considerations on speaker positioning, etc.