Paradigm Persona 3 vs 5 vs Monitor Audio

I just spent a couple of hours comparing the Paradigm Persona 3 and 5. The 3 sounded very good and I was sceptical about whether the 5, for one additional speaker, was really worth 70% more. I expected it to be very similar to the 3 with some added bass. After hearing the 5, I think it offers more than the additional bass. As good as the 3 sounded, the 5 had added depth and realism, even on music without that much bass. I listened to St. Saens 3rd Symphony and Beethoven’s 7th (2nd movement) to hear the bass and Eva Cassidy, Cecilia Bartoli and Brahms Piano Trio #1 for other characteristics.

The 3 is well priced compared the competition and certainly is a good choice. If you can afford the extra $7000, the 5 is definitely better--to me worth the significant price differential.

To complicate my choice, we then visited another dealer to hear the Monitor Audio pl300ii and it’s an excellent speaker too if you like what I do--wide soundstage, good imaging, realistic rendition of individual instruments. It’s not an easy decision between the Paradigm 5 and the Monitor. To confuse myself further, I’m going tomorrow to hear the third speaker on my short list--the KEF Reference 3 which I’ve liked in prior hearings. I hope to make a decision after that.

brownsf
Are you kidding? It’s blatant. I have no problem with someone coming here with sincere love for a brand or model. But when they also make it a point in the same posts (and by doing this in multiple older threads) to run down a competitive product than their intent is less than honorable. 
either marketing or juvenile, either way it’s out of left field and hard to take seriously.
Pick the monitor audio 200 or 300 generation 2 they throw a wider deeper more real sound stage than anything paradigm makes the voice piano instruments sound way more natural with the monitors, the paradigms with that beryllium Tweeter and midrange are very bright and edgy and in your face and the bass is much tighter deeper and faster with the monitors.
First of all I didn't run it down, I just said what I heard and the monitor  was much more three-dimensional.The soundstages wider deeper the cymbals sound more brassy and real The voice piano, instruments sound more natural. The bass was faster tighter deeper more articulate with the monitor platinum's.