Seas 2.5 Way Graphite Kit - Delling

Hi Everyone,

It was getting to be that time of year when I encourage audiophiles to build at least one speaker pair in their lifetime as a matter of personal growth and education. The more builders we have in this hobby the less we rely on PR and reviewers alone to influence us, so this is something I feel has broad value to our hobby.

Anyway, I was checking out Madisound, and discovered that Seas has released a 2.5 way kit which looks very promising. 2.5 way speakers are, IMHO, some of the best designs for the average living room. Highly efficient, deep bass, small footprint so easy to live with overall.

http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=387:delling-seas-diy-kits&am...

At around $1,750 for the parts, including a crossover, this is not the cheapest possible kit, but certainly far cheaper than a commercial speaker would have to be.

Unfortunately I have not heard this pair myself, and I worry it may have a little extra presence, but that’s the beauty of DIY, you can tailor your sound directly in the crossover.

Best,

Erik
erik_squires
I wouldn't call them that.

JA tunes his speakers differently and adds tube friendly circuitry.

for that kind of money audiophiles can build 2way or 3way horn type speakers  for the average living room. Highly efficient.Midrange to die for.3D soundstage.Bass,punch will depend on of  inner construction, ports placement,front ,rear..etc..
extravaganza please expand as I've been interested in horns for a while now for a second system.